Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Google Play Account Discussions

Weird Google Play situation...it thinks I'm in America??

(1/2) > >>

JayJ:
Okay so I'm at work and haven't used my N7 since about 11:30 this morning, finally got time to sit down before I finish and turned my N7 on. Once it had booted I got a notification of a Play Music update so I confirmed the update and it installed, I tap the notification to see if anything had changed and there's new options in Play Music? Now these options are going to surprise any of you US N7 owners but here in the UK we don't have music on the Play store and nor can we upload music to Play Music but I have those options?
I tapped on the option to buy music and it took me to the Play store music, I started to get excited because I thought maybe Google had finally got their collective fingers out and brought these to the UK so I backed out and opened the Play Store from it's icon, sure enough there was magazines and music on the front page but I soon realised everything is in dollars so what gives?
If I try to download anything I'm asked for a credit card but I have a card attached to my account, my aching is the same, my apps are in my app l list and I haven't done anything like the app that changes your localization...

I'm confused...I guess I'll try and uninstalling the Play Music update...

JayJ:
Okay so I've uninstalled the Play Music update, rebooted to recovery (TWRP) and wiped the Cache and the Dalvik cache...

Still the same, it wasn't like this earlier because I bought a comic through comiXology and the transaction went through fine...

I'm still confused...

birdastrompgman:
Go to settings >accounts >google. You probably need to reset your account.

S.Prime:
One of the recommended fixes for Google Play issues is to remove your Google account, under Settings > Accounts and then set up the account again.

Tiny:
Did you install Apple Maps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version