March 28, 2024, 06:40:00 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Is my Google account and apps in the cloud somewhere?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline cliff5550

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Is my Google account and apps in the cloud somewhere?
« on: October 24, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »
I have cleaned my Nexus 7 16gb and returned in to wait for the 32gb Nexus 7. When I cleaned it to factory settings did I lose the books and apps I paid for or are they somewhere in the cloud like Apple does. I have been looking for them with my android phone and can't seem to find them.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Is my Google account and apps in the cloud somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
Did you purchase the media in question at the Google Play Store?  If so, by signing into the store, it should come back by itself.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »
Your purchased app will be in the "All" of "My Apps" on Google Play.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
My apologies, I should have elaborated.  JJ is accurate regarding the apps, and once you get the repsective reader and other media apps, the books and movies you had bought should show up once you log in.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline cliff5550

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:58 AM »
Found everything but I would suggest to anyone doing this that they write down what apps, games or books they had previously downloaded or purchased. Google did not have a "master" file account for me so I had to go back and re-install each individually. When you find them they will note if they were previously purchased and you simply download them without charge. Worked that way for me.
Not to jump sides, but I find it much easier to recover apps, music, books, etc. for my wife's iPad as Apple maintains files in her account and I don't have to go looking. Maybe Google does that but I couldn't find anything.
Anyway, it's all back.

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:40 AM »
To find the application you have previously installed on "All" devices connected to this account...

Open Google Play store, press the downward arrow at the top right of the Play store front page, this will take you to installed applications where updates are. Place your finger/thumb on the right side of the screen and swipe the screen left to open the "All" page, here you will find "All" the applications that have been installed on any device connected to this account.

Offline cliff5550

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Sure enough. There it is. Thanks JayJ!

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
No worries, easy when you know how... ;)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman