April 25, 2024, 06:09:18 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Recent Euro Buyers To Get ₤25 Asus 'Voucher' Due To Price Drop Of Nexus 7 Models  (Read 7977 times)

Offline tfman

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Thanks very much to the forum for finding this offer that slightly makes up for the affront we have suffered.

Great to have the tips on this thread about registering and serial nos, but it still took 90 minutes.

I just get an e-mail reply in Chinese with my proof of purchaase attached.

What is going on ??

Offline tfman

• View Profile
It seems my curious Chinese reply from Asus looks like it is just an
Acknowledgement. I assume when the people get back to work after
The weekend they will be sending out our £ 25 vouchers right away.

Now we can get down to deciding how to spend it. It is only for the Asus
website where there seems to be only two Nexus 7 accessories, the case
At £ 14.99 and the charger at £ 19.99. When you put things in your basket
A 6.00 delivery charge is automatically added so you cannot even get
The charger completely free.

A bit expensive for a charger isn't it?

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
You have to send ASUS a PROOF OF PURCHASE before they will send the voucher out.

I was unable to send it over the weekend as their MAILBOX was FULL !!

Offline CBers

• View Profile
ASUS UK just tweeted the following:

"Just to clarify - the ASUS Nexus 7 coupon offer is not available to customers who purchased their device from the Google Play store."

JayJ

ASUS UK just tweeted the following:

"Just to clarify - the ASUS Nexus 7 coupon offer is not available to customers who purchased their device from the Google Play store."

That is such a cop out!!

Who does that leave in the dark other than me then??

Offline CBers

• View Profile
I'm wondering if Google will do something for their customers.

Offline tfman

• View Profile
This is a bombshell!

Cannot believe it. Feel totally let down. I bought mine from Argos. If
These people are quite happy to use major distributors they should
Treat all customers equally. After all the time spent registering and then
Getting my receipt scanned and e-mailed, then trying to navigate
The Asus site this is just too much.

Shocking!

Offline jamsh

• View Profile
So, why have Google decided to discriminate against non-US buyers of the tablet. Seems like US buyers are getting a $50 refund.
I bought mine in July from Ebuyer.com and I think that everyone who purchased one before the recent price  reduction should be compensated.

Offline tfman

• View Profile
It gets even worse with the news that you can now on any High Street in the UK
get the new 32 GB Nexus 7 for £ 180.

Currys, Dixons and Comet have all dropped their price on this item, while us poor
saps paid £ 199 just a month ago for 16GB. Mine is now 97 % full and I could really use the extra space.

Offline CBers

• View Profile
Comet are selling the 32Gb version at £179.99 if you can find one, and you can only now purchase in-store due to them being in administration.

Tesco have the 16Gb version @ £189.99, whilst ASDA have it at £169 for 16Gb, although it's "Out of stock", and £199 for 32Gb.

See here for further details: http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/11/12/uk-retailers-slash-20-off-32gb-nexus-7-price/

Also, for Google store-purchased Nexus 7 owners, see here: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2667427&topic=2453057&ctx=topic

JayJ

Also, for Google store-purchased Nexus 7 owners, see here: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2667427&topic=2453057&ctx=topic

Only if you bought it within 15 days before the 29th, whereas ASUS haven't put a date limit on their offer. So long as you bought it before the 29th.

A cop out, I hope ASUS are inundated with complaints that they're leaving GP customers out in the cold.

So to summarise, if you bought from an authorized ASUS dealer any time before the 29th your entitled to a little something but if you bought direct from Google Play your can only get something if you bought in a 15 day window...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:03:09 PM by JayJ »

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
How much is your time worth? In the time that many have spent searching for how to cash in on this offer, they could have earned enough to pay for this rebate several times over...

When you purchased your N7 you were making an agreement that price you paid was fair market value. Now that conditions have changed, you shouldn't have reason to complain. The rebate is a courtesy, not an obligation. So if you don't qualify. To bad... so sad... cry a river, build a boat and get over it!

JayJ

I have no issue with the price I paid but when I did I wasn't too know that the price would drop so quickly, I did however enjoy my N7 pretty much from launch so I have no regrets.
What I think is unfair is the misinformation from ASUS over this offer and the general unfairness of the different offers from Google and ASUS,  some will gain from this whilst others will not. Either everybody should benefit or nobody should...

And I certainly am not crying, I actually thought that last part was just plain rude and uncalled for. Everybody is entitle to a rant or to complain...if you don't like it, don't read it...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
This thread is starting to get hot... No need for that.
Luckily, I had my receipt handy and found out quickly that the I don't qualify for the offer. I can say that my time is worth a lot, so the hoops I had to jump thru when trying to just register my device back in the day pissed me off. Asus flat out doesn't make it easy to communicate after the sale. It was cool of them to offer this incentive but why organize  it so it makes people resentful?
By the way. When a company decides that they have to give away millions of dollars, I think internally  they feel It's an obligation not a courtesy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:14:42 PM by bjs229 »

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Jay, I hope that you didn't take that as a personal attack. It was not directed at you. I was just chiming in on all the complaints that I've seen. Not just here. Its all over the web how unfair this is and how people are filing complaints with Asus.  I guess I just had heard enough of it already. Please don't take offense to my rant...

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman