March 28, 2024, 11:17:45 PM

collapse

Author Topic: N7 vs. new Samsung Chromebook  (Read 3127 times)

Offline brycej

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
N7 vs. new Samsung Chromebook
« on: November 12, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »
New Samsung Chromebook has a bigger screen, perhaps lower res per inch, twice as heavy (2 lbs), better keyboard.

Apps?

Thoughts?

Trying to decide.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: N7 vs. new Samsung Chromebook
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
I see them really appealing to two different use scenarios.   One is an inexpensive laptop...so more for content creation, typing up emails, using Google Docs for some word processing or updating web pages etc.   I tend to see the Nexus 7 as better for web browsing, game playing and ereading...and any mobile use when walking around.   My Nexus 7 is something that I carry with me in my jacket pocket and it's more an impulse device.  A Chromebook is a bit more unwieldly...yet it does have a keyboard for when that's useful.  What do you plan on using your device most for?  Heck with both so inexpensive why not get one of each. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:22:21 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Great advice. Though I have a really good laptop, and haven't touched it since July 14th (when I got my Nexus 7).

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:04 PM »
I just bought two of the older model Samsung 5 series. They were new in the box and I figured good for the kids and wife to use around the house .  It has great hardware options for a little machine. Solid state drive, Intel parts. Fast.
I just started messing with it I don't know if I can update the thing or what. I think it is cupcake? A moldy one that needs something. It has its own store but that seems a little weak at this point. My wife likes games and the selection at this point seems thin. Not sure if I can use the GP. I tried but keep getting error messages. I am guessing that all apps are played in Chrome. Meaning in like a browser window. I can't really explain it but it makes me feel like I am going to get a page that pops up any second that says you have done everything this machine is capable of. I am hoping I am wrong and will work on it further. At this point, I would rather of given them two 8 GB Nexus tabs.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman