2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 3G / HSPA+ Topics

Turning off 3G

<< < (3/3)

JayJ:
You don't need to turn 3G off for Wi-Fi to connect, it should connect automatically when within distance of a connected router.
I too don't have a 3G Nexus 7 but have owned and do own several Android phones, can't see it being any different.

If you really want to be sure that 3G is turned off, install a widget from Google Play or just go to...

Settings> More> Mobile networks> untick Data enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

S.Prime:
Personally, I have a fondness for Boston especially Boylston St. As for the HSPA + model, which I do not have, but I would suspect that the WiFi connection would override the 3g much as it does on your Android phone. If you are concerned about it, there are many apps available at Google Play that track data usage separating WiFi and 3g. Google support is probably correct in that you cannot turn off 3g, but if WiFi overrides it, then it would not be necessary.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JayJ:
Can anybody with a 3G N7 confirm whether 3G can be turned off?
I'm not convinced it can't be and I'm also not convinced Google customer service know what they are taking about!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

olc:

--- Quote from: JayJ on December 20, 2012, 01:04:49 PM ---Can anybody with a 3G N7 confirm whether 3G can be turned off?
I'm not convince it can't be and I'm also not convince Google customer service know what they are taking about!

--- End quote ---

The problem isn't that it can't be turned off. The problem is it turns itself on again for no apparent reason. It appears to be a common issue for many users.

Newbieoldguy:
Go to settings....Data usage.....mobile data....off

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version