March 28, 2024, 09:20:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Case with a lanyard?  (Read 2430 times)

Offline mrbeankc

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Case with a lanyard?
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
Ok, looking around tonight online for cases for our new N7s. My wife has an unusual preference. She's looking for a case with a lanyard she can hook around her wrist. She has very small hands and tends to drop things so she's super paranoid about the Nexus. For myself I'm happy with something that protects the corners really well (I haven't gotten one for my own N7 yet) but she wants something she can literally hook to her wrist.

I know someone is going to recommend the Gumdrop cases but at $50 she didn't like that idea. It needs to be a lanyard or something that has good protection around the corners. Figure $20-$25 price range would be acceptable.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Case with a lanyard?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 01:42:25 AM »
If today never happened I would think you are nuts. That sounds like a really paranoid ,geeky thing to want.
If you find something, please let me know cause at this rate my Nexus looks like it just traveled thru time. I might just tie mine around my neck with a fake gold chain and call it bling.

Offline mrbeankc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 02:49:52 AM »
My wife uses her Kindle a LOT. She reads it on break and lunch at work. She's the most avid reader I have ever known and she twice dropped her Kindle in a cover that we weren't really confident in. So we got her an EVA hard case for it. She's dropped it several times with no effect because the EVA is a hard case and the Kindle is held in by bungies on all 4 corners holding it in place and not blocking the screen or the buttons.

I would get her another EVA but it looks like they changed the design. The bungie on the Nexus models goes across the middle basically across the screen. No idea why they made that change because now you have to take your Nexus out of the cover to use it where as with her Kindle she could read it while it was held in the case.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:53:03 AM »
I dropped my Nexus in the street yesterday. I use mine all the time. I can relate.

Offline mrbeankc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
Talked her out of the lanyard idea and found her a hard case very similar to the one on her Kindle. The on/off button is going to be a little difficult to get to but the case she has her Kindle in you could just about throw the thing off a building and not hurt the tablet. The cover folds back so you can hold it very easy.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 07:12:13 AM »
Some cases have a magnet built in that will wake the device when you open it.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
Sometimes those hard cases are not the best for drops. The device cannot be rigidly secured inside the case or the shock from impact is transmitted directly to the device. Just something to look out for with budget cases.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline mrbeankc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
If this is like my wife's Kindle cover (and it looks to be) it's well cushioned on the inside. My wife Kindle cover is fantastic in this reguard.

The bad part will be the cover will cover and thus muffle the speaker and the power button will be a little difficult to get to but mostly these covers will be for when we travel or take them somewhere. My wife has a trip coming up and she'll be taking it in her purse. For home use we'll likely get different covers since we pretty much just use them in the bedroom at home where there is little risk of hard falls.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman