March 28, 2024, 11:39:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 and Plantronics Bluetooth plt 510 and Model 330  (Read 8497 times)

Offline sluggomagoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 and Plantronics Bluetooth plt 510 and Model 330
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:59:11 AM »
I've just updated this as I had two different model headsets to test with. I'm starting to think I have a defective Nexus unit.
I’ve tried a couple of these Plantronics Bluetooth plt 510 and Model 330 bluetooth head sets ear piece that I have been using with my iPhone and Windows XP machines around the house. I typically only use them for phone calls either will the default phone or a google voice phone app. On the Nexus 7 I can get them to pare but when I make a phone call and redirect the sound the earpiece and it begins to screech like an AM radio next to a neon sign with a short in it. Ok so I’m showing my age now. For those of you that don’t know what AM radio is, please see Paul Harvey. 

I have not had the opportunity to test any other Bluetooth ear pieces besides the PLT 510 and Model 330 yet. I’m wondering if anybody has with the Nexus 7 and a compatible google voice phone app.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:46:53 AM by sluggomagoo »

Offline sluggomagoo

• View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 and Plantronics Bluetooth plt 510 and Model 330
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
Bump to the top due to an edit of the main quesiton.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
There have been Bluetooth issues with the N7 so its possible this is one of them. I don't have any phone apps so I can't try it. I know my Gnex works fine.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:16 AM »
You were already at the top.
Like Sarge mentioned Bluetooth has some issues right now. I have had problems sound wise with headsets as well. I had Plantronics HD and took them back. Google is aware of the problems and are supposedly working on them with BT.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:57:32 AM by bjs229 »

Offline sluggomagoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
I guess they do. As it stands right now I’m feeling like I have an inferior product  :(. I called Google Support using my iPhone 4 with the same VOIP app and the Plantroics PLT 510. The sound was perfect  ;D. The person I spoke to said that I was pushing the limits of the model (Nexus 7 16gig) and that’s why it didn’t work. He actually wasn’t really sure why it wasn’t working and when on to say I should go to the Nexus 7 – 32. So, I went back to the retailer and exchanged the unit for a Nexus 7 32gig and guess what? It has the same exact problem  :'(. At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem with the Hardware or Jelly Bean. If I knew that, I could make a decision on whether or not I'm going to keep the unit.  Otherwise I’ll have to take it back because having the ability to make VOIP calls is important to me. If this little iPhone can do this, why not this Asus unit?

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: Nexus 7 and Plantronics Bluetooth plt 510 and Model 330
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
I guess they do. As it stands right now I’m feeling like I have an inferior product  :(. I called Google Support using my iPhone 4 with the same VOIP app and the Plantroics PLT 510. The sound was perfect  ;D. The person I spoke to said that I was pushing the limits of the model (Nexus 7 16gig) and that’s why it didn’t work. He actually wasn’t really sure why it wasn’t working and when on to say I should go to the Nexus 7 – 32. So, I went back to the retailer and exchanged the unit for a Nexus 7 32gig and guess what? It has the same exact problem  :'(. At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem with the Hardware or Jelly Bean. If I knew that, I could make a decision on whether or not I'm going to keep the unit.  Otherwise I’ll have to take it back because having the ability to make VOIP calls is important to me. If this little iPhone can do this, why not this Asus unit?

Your not understanding. There is a bug right now with 4.2 with the Bluetooth. Google is aware and working on a fix. Should be fixed by the end of the month.

Offline sluggomagoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
I think you're the one that doesn't understand. I'm not going to keep the device is someone can't tell me the details. Is it a hardware defect or a software bug. There's a difference for me because if it's a Hardware defect I'm not keeing the device. Do you understand that?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
Dude. Please settle down. People have taken their time and tried to give you advice and you continue to be what seems incoherent and borderline disrespectful .If you are hell bent on Frapple and have given up on Android why are you still here? .
Oh Magoo. You've done it again .
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:36:10 AM by bjs229 »

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »
I can't believe somebody from Google told you that you were pushing the limits of the Nexus 7 16GB and exchanging it for a 32GB would help??
How does upgrading storage capacity help a software Bluetooth bug....

On another note, bjs is right in that you should calm down because the people trying to help you are not Google employees and they are trying to help you on their own time so please show some appreciation.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:33:31 AM by JayJ »

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
I think he's just trolling.

JayJ

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
Could well be...

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
I am temporally locking this topic for review. Thanks for everyone's understanding.

S.Prime
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
Guys...I've taken a look at the thread and I'm unlocking it but I'd ask everyone to please keep the tone of the thread positive.  I understand sometimes these tech issues can be frustrating and sometimes it's easy to get out some of our frustrations on anonymous people in a forum.  But that's not gonna help get the issue resolved any sooner so let's keep the tone positive. 

Now as far as the bluetooth issues with the headset, I think there are many people that are having some bluetooth issues since the 4.2 update and since Google is aware of the problem we'll just have to wait for them to issue a fix.   When Google or any company for that matter offers an upgrade to their software there is always a tradeoff of getting great new features with the possibility of there being a glitch or two that they didn't expect or foresee.  Google has had a good track record of recognizing these glitches in a fairly timely manner and issues fixes for them.  I'm sure this will be the case with this bluetooth issue as well.   

Every company...Apple included...has glitches from time to time with their updates.  Look at the fiasco of Apple's latest mapping software that has been written about all over the web.   So since no company is immune to these kinds of issues and glitches as it's simply a part of progress...there's no point in getting angry or bent out of shape about them.   

As owners of a Nexus 7 you are on the cutting edge by getting all the latest updates to Android first...before any other device.   Part of the fun of owning a Nexus device is knowing that we are getting the latest and greatest Android version before anyone else.   It's inevitable that there are going to be software glitches along the way but keep in mind we also get the fixes first as well...so in the end we still come out ahead.  I'm confident that Google will fix the bluetooth issues and any other issues with the latest 4.2 update soon...just like they always do.  Meanwhile we get cool new features like multiple user support...which you won't find on any Apple product ;)

Thanks everyone,

BFM
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
Wish I could like posts on tapatalk but well said.

Put simply to the OP, it is a software bug, not hardware. It will be fixed soon.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »
Well stated, BFM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:35:23 AM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman