March 28, 2024, 02:25:05 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Dropping back to home page  (Read 796 times)

Offline catch22!

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Dropping back to home page
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »
Hello all.  Tried to search for this one and did not find it exactly.

Have owned my 7 since July and it has run perfectly.  Have not added any new apps for months.  Last few days, while on the internet (usually a news page), the unit keeps dropping back to the home page.  I can click the app and go back without any problems, but within a short period of time it drops back again.

Web signal is strong and I don't have this happening when in apps like games on the unit.

I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but what will that do to everything I have on the unit? 

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping back to home page
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
Hello Catch.
So you mean that Chrome is crashing and you end up in Kansas?:) Is it Chrome or a different browser? I have been having similar issues.  I believe it is just part of the growing pains involved with having the cutting edge operating system. 4.2.1  There can be a lot of variables and depending on how much you use your Nexus , it can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint a problem. I have read that a lot of these reboot and crash issues are being worked on and should be fixed with the next update
Factory reset will wipe all of your data. Are you able to back up at this point ? If you need assistance, please let us know .
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:35:14 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt