March 28, 2024, 06:11:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus vs Smart Phone  (Read 3531 times)

Offline paxham

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Nexus vs Smart Phone
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »
I decided to reactivate my DroidX2 smart phone which I never much liked in the past.  It turns out my two months on the Nexus taught me some skills that make my experience on the Droid a lot better.  Now I carry both around which leads me to wonder, do I need both.  Sure the tablet has a larger and better screen which makes it better for browsing and reading, but my smart phone has most of the features I like in my Nexus, plus a 3G connection to the internet, meaning it is my go to device when I am not home.

So, I'm up for an phone upgrade soon which will come with a 4G connection, newer software and a bigger, better screen and a very thin profile.  Since I have to carry one anyway, I'm wondering if I would be better off with just a phone.  It makes one less thing to carry, which in my world means a lot.

JayJ

Re: Nexus vs Smart Phone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »
I use both regularly, before the Nexus 7 came out and being a long time Android phone user I really didn't think I needed a tablet but the Nexus 7 is fantastic for all kinds of things especially media consumption.
It's the form factor (I love that term), it's great for watching movies, comics, books etc. I listen to music on it, I visit and post here on it and play games on it. Yes I could all of this on a phone with a smaller screen but the user experience just wouldn't be the same especially when it came to multimedia...

Only you can decide if having two devices is for you, I won't be giving up my N7 anytime soon.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
To add to JayJ's comments, I (currently) have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and a Nexus 10 and I use both.

I use my S3 on the go, but use my Nexus 10 at home.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »
I use my Samsung Prevail for hotspot. I don't leave home without either of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline zxd9

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
Newer android phones don't have great battery life.  I've extended mine by using my N7 instead of my phone for some games, surfing, reading books and emailing.

JayJ

Re: Re: Nexus vs Smart Phone
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
(currently)

LOL

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Nexus vs Smart Phone
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 03:24:43 PM »
(currently)

LOL

Shh!

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Belisarius

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »
I currently have a Motorola razr m, and a nexus 7. I have the same dilemma... I use my nexus a lot to read and whatnot, and I do carry out around a lot, but the more I use the phone, the more comfortable I am reading and whatnot in it.

Next time around, I may get a bigger phone (something along the GSIII or galaxy note) and see if it works for me by itself. If I decide I still need a tablet, I would probably go 10".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts