March 28, 2024, 03:27:36 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Purchased Nexus 7 in Spain - How do I get it to display Google Play in English?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Nexus Lion

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hi, my father in law who is English and lives in Spain has just bought a Nexus 7 but when he goes to the Google Play store it's all in Spanish, how does he change it to default to UK settings? Thanks

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Hello.
There is a language and input section inside of settings. I am not sure if that will be your remedy for the Playstore. I am in the US and have never traveled to another country with my device. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Nexus Lion

• View Profile
Thanks for reply, not sure it's that simple as everything is already set to UK English but play store reverts to Spanish.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
That is what I was afraid of. There is quite the melting pot here so I am sure there will be some more folks with some better insight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Are any other apps in Spanish? Such as Play music? Might be a setting with the Google account and not the device.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Are any other apps in Spanish? Such as Play music? Might be a setting with the Google account and not the device.

I have a US account, associated with a US vredit card. and a Nexus 7 purchased in the US.  All my Google and N7 account settings specify the language as English.  At the moment I am in Mexico.  Google Play is in Spanish and all prices are in Mexican pesos on my N7 here.  Even using a Windows computer and going to the Google Play website I have great difficulty getting English, and when I do find English the prices are still in Mexican pesos. 

However, on my N7 Google search still gives me US results, while on my computer the website www.google.com cannot be reached from here (instead I am redirected to www.google.com.mx and get results pertinent to Mexico -- kinda silly if I am looking up a hotel in Harrisburg PA)

Offline premieji

• View Profile
Hi - I have the same problem - I bought my N7 in UK, but stupidly registered it while on holiday in Italy before returning home to Spain where I am also an ex-pat Brit - now Google Play offers me only books and films in Italian! I have been told on other forums that I must return to UK, return the N7 to factory settings, re-register while it is physically in UK... There is a link to how to do this... http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2668187&topic=2840575&ctx=topic
Not sure I am brave enough to try this myself - I solved the book problem by downloading the free amazon kindle app so download english books to my tablet from there... HavenĀ“t sourced a good alternative film/movies app yet. Good luck.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts