March 28, 2024, 04:35:40 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Wiimote Connection to N7  (Read 3505 times)

Offline ivan

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Wiimote Connection to N7
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi all,
Just got my N7, and I have a quick question related to wii-motes.

I am using the SNES9x emulator, and on my wife's Motorola zoom the wiimote connects right away via Bluetooth... however I cannot get it to connect to my N7. Is this due to the 4.2.1 update and Bluetooth issues, or is the N7 incompatible with wiimotes?

Thanks

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Wiimote Connection to N7
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »
Yes, it worked on 4.1.2  The new update changed from the Bluez stack to the newer Broadcom Bludroid stack. Many things blue tooth are wrong right now. Hopefully, the next update will fix it.
Or the Wiimote connect app may be patched to work.

Offline ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I have an N64 emulator I want to play also.

Do you have a recommendation for a.wiimote connect app? I'm not rooted.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »
Not trying to hijack but didn't want to start another thread. Been crazy busy lately and I am the first to admit I am an idiot when it comes to getting a gamepad to work. I get very frustrated very quickly and with the little time that I have, just surrendered. After reading some..I spent an hour at GameStop the other day and tried a couple bluetooth models that they said would work and they didn't. I should have written the names down but I lunched. Both were copies of a PS3 looking controller. Can someone steer me in the direction of a wireless solution that will work right now with Mame?
Come to think of it Red Samurai comes to mind as one of the models I tried.. It looked and felt great and worked with every other tablet they had there except ours. The salesman still had the cohones to ask me to buy it. The other tabs were running ICS.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
I don't think any wireless controllers are working with jb 4.2.1 and there seems to be interference from wifi using bt headsets. Don't know about keyboards, don't have one to try, wouldn't be surprised if they have problems too.

I was using WiimoteController until the 4.2 update. It no longer works. If you read the description on Google Play, they are trying to patch around the Jelly Bean Bug.

Until then, try a usb controller. The update added some support for them. My logitech dual action works with an adapter for usb to usb micro. Or is it mini. Native support, no app needed.

I think Gamestop has a usb controller with a mount for 7'' tablets. Might be top-heavy.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Thanks for the knowledge Matt. I think I will wait for a BT option. My USB port isn't in the best shape after the little mishap and takes more cord than a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:07 AM »
The knock off ps3 controllers never worked. I bought one off eBay just to prove it to myself. It even says Sony right on it. From what i heard, Xbox controllers worked too before the update. I have personal experience only with the official ps3. Worked flawlessly with sixaxis app.

Sent From my Razr Maxx  (iKReaM.SToCK.NeW.ErA.v1.0.4) via Tapatalk 2

Offline ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »
I can confirm that my wired Xbox 360 controller works on my snes.and n64 emulators. Thanks for that awesome tip. No c pad on the Xbox controller though, makes goldeneye on n64 tough heh. I did find that my micro USB port is touchy, and if you dump it, you lose controller connection quite easilly. Anyways, thanks again!

Offline n3vry

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »
Even the new Wii controllers worked before the update. Google pls fix this, or go back to the old Bluetooth stack.
I can use controllers on my Transformer, ICS tablet but not on the Nexus 7. Also bring back Flash support, pls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

I believe Flash support is an Adobe thing as well.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts