March 29, 2024, 02:24:32 AM

collapse

Author Topic: First time trying to put a digital copy movie onto my N7, need help.  (Read 5961 times)

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I own the 3 disc digital copy included version of Star Trek and I want to put it on my N7.  When i put the correct disc into my computer nothing happens so I go into files and I see the movie itself on the disc which is under WMV format.  I even found a link to put in my code and the movie will play fine on my computer as of now but how do I transfer it to my N7 ??

I really hope this isnt an issue with WMV. 

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: First time trying to put a digital copy movie onto my N7, need help.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »
Aren't those disks copy protected with DRM? If so you would have to remove the DRM as a first step.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
How the heck do you do that?

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »
I'm a little confused... So you have Star Trek(and two other movies) on DVD? And it came with a digital copy right?
Usually to two aren't related, there's usually a card included in the box with a code and a website which you visit, enter the number and download the digital copy of the movie.
These downloads also usually involve installing an application from the Google Play because these digital copies are DRM encrypted and will only play on the specified application much like Googles own Play Movies.

Honestly it's much easier to just make your own digital copy of the original DVD...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:59:10 PM by JayJ »

Offline S.Prime

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »
How the heck do you do that?

The developer of DVD Catalyst answered your question in his post here. He is basically saying that removing DRM from digital copies, amounts to playing the video and using software to record it while it is playing, a slow and time consuming process. As the developer and JayJ have stated, it is a much easier process to use Dvd Catalyst here, which is well worth the $10 or use one of many others. With DVD Catalyst the DRM is removed and the resulting mp4 is properly formated for your Nexus 7, which you can then copy toyour Nexus 7 and play without issues. Reading through the entire topic that I referenced will give you a lot of information on video conversion.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
Guys this is the blu ray version of the movie. There is no website link. There is a 1.2GB file in WMV format on the disk itself. I had to put in the code. When it did this the movie started playing on my computer but I can't find a way to put it on my nexus 7.

I think Paramount is doing it differently from other studios. I wish it was as simple as going to website and downloading bit its not.

Offline S.Prime

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »
From The DVD Catalyst support site:

In order for DVD Catalyst 4 to be able to convert Bluray movies and TV shows, one of the following applications is required:

AnyDVD HD (21 day trial available)

This is the solution we recommend. AnyDVD’s creators, Slysoft, have been known to be on the ball when it comes to updates, so if you happen to run into complications with a brand-new movie, an update that fixes the issue is usually around the corner. AnyDVD HD runs in the background, and acts as a layer on top of the Bluray drive, enabling programs like DVD Catalyst 4.1 to convert directly from the drive. AnyDVD HD isn’t cheap, but it is the best tool for the job.

DVDfab Passkey for Bluray Lite (free but doesn’t work with newer Blurays)

Similar to AnyDVD HD, but free, Passkey Lite runs in the background as well, enabling a direct-from-bluray conversion. As a free version, it works good, however, it does not offer support for the latest movies.

DVDfab Passkey for Bluray (trial version available)

Also similar to AnyDVD HD, enabling direct-from-bluray conversions, cheaper than AnyDVD HD.

MakeMKV (free while in beta)

Unlike the tools mentioned above, MakeMKV copies the Bluray movie/tv show to your harddrive in MKV format. There is no quality-loss, however, it does take up quite a bit of space. After MakeMKV converts your Bluray to MKV, you can convert the MKV with DVD Catalyst 4.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
I found the problem.

The "digital copy" paramount includes with this sale is indeed only the WMV version, it is NOT an ultraviolet copy.  Nexus 7 does not support WMV natively.  If i want an Ultraviolet copy it looks like I have to "re purchase" the movie on the paramount website. 

That is very lame, I am going to e mail paramount and complain.  I purchased a damn $30 movie from them, i should get an ultraviolet copy, not a stupid WMV file.

S.prime, I appreciate your help but I simply dont want to sit at my computer converting files because its a blu ray.  If this were a DVD i would simply rip it and put it on my nexus 7, but as you know blu ray is harder and I would have to purchase more software on top of DVD catalyst. 

Offline S.Prime

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »
As you have surmised and previously noted, it is a slow and a pain in the behind process.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »
After multiple investigations into BluRay player devices, software, media, DRM, etc, my conclusion is that hollywood can go take a flying leap.  I am not biting the bait.  Simple.  Not.going.to.happen.cuz.it.aint.that.good

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: First time trying to put a digital copy movie onto my N7, need help.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
I found the problem.

The "digital copy" paramount includes with this sale is indeed only the WMV version, it is NOT an ultraviolet copy.  Nexus 7 does not support WMV natively.  If i want an Ultraviolet copy it looks like I have to "re purchase" the movie on the paramount website. 

That is very lame, I am going to e mail paramount and complain.  I purchased a damn $30 movie from them, i should get an ultraviolet copy, not a stupid WMV file.

S.prime, I appreciate your help but I simply dont want to sit at my computer converting files because its a blu ray.  If this were a DVD i would simply rip it and put it on my nexus 7, but as you know blu ray is harder and I would have to purchase more software on top of DVD catalyst.

Your 3 disc set should have came with a DVD that you can convert using DVD cat. I don't buy blurays unless it has the DVD too.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
Re: Re: First time trying to put a digital copy movie onto my N7, need help.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
I found the problem.

Your 3 disc set should have came with a DVD that you can convert using DVD cat. I don't buy blurays unless it has the DVD too.

It only 3 disc's because of special features.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
I found the problem.

It only 3 disc's because of special features.

The disc with the wmv should also be a DVD.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman