March 28, 2024, 03:01:22 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Camera and Kindle  (Read 6225 times)

Offline Sylvia B

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Camera and Kindle
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:58:15 AM »
Hi All
Getting to Know the Nexus 7. Found it much easier to type when in the landscape mode otherwise the keys are a little small.
Was intrigued by the lack of information on the camera, but found a fix
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modaco.cameralauncher
and wanted a Kindle app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.kindle
This may not be the right forum to post this on so perhaps it could be redirected
Sylv
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:36:30 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to know it
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:22:10 AM »
You found the correct location under apps. It is good to hear that you are discovering new apps for your tablet.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline DeadlyAura

• View Profile
Re: Camera and Kindle
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
Hi guys, nice forum.  One of the big attractions of the Nexus is being able to read kindle books on it.  Is it easy to put kindle books on it?  I havent got the Nexus yet, and I am looking at getting some books while Im waiting.  I just hope they are simple to put on and use etc?

Thanks,
Ben

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
Hi guys, nice forum.  One of the big attractions of the Nexus is being able to read kindle books on it.  Is it easy to put kindle books on it?  I havent got the Nexus yet, and I am looking at getting some books while Im waiting.  I just hope they are simple to put on and use etc?

Hi Ben..

Welcome to the forum :)  As far as I know the Kindle app is available in Google Play for the N7, so you should be able to view your Kindle library and download books just as if you're on a Kindle device.

Offline Sylvia B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 12:57:08 AM »
Hi

As a newbie to Nexus 7 I can confirm it is easy to download the Kindle app and all your Kindle books appear (as if by magic) on your Nexus 7.

Sylvia B

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »
Hi

As a newbie to Nexus 7 I can confirm it is easy to download the Kindle app and all your Kindle books appear (as if by magic) on your Nexus 7.

Sylvia,

Thanks for this ... My N7 should be in today, but this was one concern of mine.  I'm still old-school when it comes to books and will probably continue to buy all mine from Amazon, just tried and true since I've used them for pretty much all my books since the 90's and I've built a large collection of eBooks there as well.

Thanks again -
Sam

Offline gerry_4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
Hi

Sylvia B

I am assuming you have or had a Kindle. How do you think the N7 is for reading books in comparison to the Kindle?

Offline rainman4tech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »
Not the original poster but had to chime in on the Kindle app on the 7. I have been using Kindle's since the K1 and currently have a Fire, I have been moving a lot of my internet usage to the Fire and not the Nexus 7. Have had the Fire since Christmas and have been doing most of my email, Twitter and Google+ usage on it since early spring. Couldn't justify the N7 but had to have one (Hey I'm a tech guy) and have had it about a week and haven't picked up the Fire but maybe once or at most twice since I got it. So far the Fire does 2 things the 7 doesn't 1. I have used the fire to read several Amazon Lending Books which you can't do with anything not Amazon. 2. I am unable to view Prime Instant Video (no flash and I'm not ready to jump through the hoops to make it work). I don't expect Amazon to change anything so number 1 will ever work and with Instant Video working on the iPad now I'm hoping Android won't be far behind.

As for the Nexus 7 I love it.

Rainman

Offline GeorgeH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
Can books be side-loaded to the N7 for use with the Kindle app? If so, what folder are they placed in? Thanks!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
I add my azw or pdf files right to the Kindle folder. Works perfectly.

Offline GeorgeH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »
That's odd, after I installed the book reader I checked didn't see a folder called 'Kindle'. It's there now and life is good :) Thank you!

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
In my opinion the Kindle app is beautiful on the N7, and is also the best app for reading PDF files on the N7.  The main difference from a real Kindle (which I think everyone knows because of the Kindle ads) is that the Kindle can be easily read in bright sunlight, whereas the N7 and other tablets have reflective screens.

Offline h2ofun

• Popularity: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »
So, how are folks moving books into the kindle folder on the N7?  I cannot see via my USB link to my computer.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
Its one of the folders inside data/data/com.amazon.kindle. don't remember which one. You do have to be rooted to access this folder I believe.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »
There should be a Kindle folder. It shows up on my tablet in alphabetical order inside of nexus/internal storage/Kindle. I just drag my book files right in. I am rooted and use Root Explorer but I think you just need a file explorer like Astro to do it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:15:56 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts