March 29, 2024, 02:44:05 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 USB Charge & Sync Desktop Dock  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Don

• Popularity: 2
  • 16GB N7 ordrd 27Jun, Andoid fan since Cupcake
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 USB Charge & Sync Desktop Dock
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

~Don

Offline LovelyLush

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 USB Charge & Sync Desktop Dock
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:11:27 AM »
Hope you didn't purchase. The one review states that the USB plug is facing the wrong direction so your N7 would have to face inward for it to even work. I'm waiting for one that works with the pogo pins... soon I hope!!

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
Hope you didn't purchase. The one review states that the USB plug is facing the wrong direction so your N7 would have to face inward for it to even work. I'm waiting for one that works with the pogo pins... soon I hope!!

Ditto on this, I'm waiting for a dock that supports the N7 in Landscape mode and uses Pogo pins for charging and possibly audio and HDMI out.  That'd be the perfect gig for me :)

Offline digitalzen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
Since the N7 is obviously in line for a native dock, it seems pointless to get one that would probably prove to be no better, and perhaps inferior.  We all need that impulse control.  Asus can't do everything at once.  It's clear that the appliance was timed so that it could be the first be the first with JB.  We'll be seeing more goodies to come, and probably well before Xmas.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »
I agree with the above comments, I too am waiting for a landscpe dock that utilises the pogo pins.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »

Ditto on this, I'm wwaiting for a dock that supports the N7 in Landscape mode and uses Pogo pins for charging and possibly audio and HDMI out.  That'd be the perfect gig for me :)

Sam, can we get HDMI with four pogo pins?  Would we need at least five for video and sound?  I've been trying to figure this out for awhile, but you are my first go to.  Thanks.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »
Quoted from 'Droid Life'

According to leaked slides obtained by Nordic Hardware, the Nexus 7 accessory lineup is about to get a lot more interesting.

"You know those pogo pins on the side of the device? Yeah, there is a dock on its way that will take advantage of them. These slides show a $49.99 price tag and an 8/24 release date. The dock has been made to “perfectly-angle” your Nexus 7 for “better movie and photo viewing, browsing, and email.” It includes a 3.5mm headphone jack, so that you can hook up speakers, however, it does not appear to have HDMI support. That shouldn’t surprise you, though."
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
Since the N7 is obviously in line for a native dock, it seems pointless to get one that would probably prove to be no better, and perhaps inferior.  We all need that impulse control.  Asus can't do everything at once.  It's clear that the appliance was timed so that it could be the first be the first with JB.  We'll be seeing more goodies to come, and probably well before Xmas.

You're right about more accessories coming for the N7.  I don't think we'll have to wait on Asus.  With the number of machines being sold, third party manufactures will soon be selling stuff we can't live without.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »
I will have to agree with Tiny on this one.   ;D
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
I think I'll wait for the official Asus dock, from my experience most 3rd party accessories are never as good in quality as the OEM ones.

Offline gmguk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
I brought this one from eBay. When it arrived it was different from the picture, but was actually smaller and neater. Easy to put the Nexus on the stand than trying to fit the USB charger in!

It seems to me that the USB socket is the wrong way round compared to my other devices.

I am pleased I got it and think it was worth the money, even if just for ease of use. Will still look out for 'proper' stands when they become available for the bedroom etc!

Offline 2e0bvj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Hi,
    Newbie to the forum here but Not a newbie where android is concerned.Just read the comment ref the 4 pogo pins.Could it be they`re  just there for factory programming of the devices??.I have seen similar on other electronic devices and that's what the pins were put there For on them .Could be wrong but just a thought...

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman