March 28, 2024, 06:58:23 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Facebook won't load Nexus7 jellybean  (Read 1277 times)

Offline ddigger

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Facebook won't load Nexus7 jellybean
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »
Can't seem to find another discussion here relating to this, so ...

My Nexus 7 loaded Facebook fine (using both browser and the app) until about three days ago, and then Facebook just stopped loading. The app -- which I've force stopped, cleared data, etc., uninstalled and reinstalled again -- will show that i've received notifications (the little red icon shows up at top) but will not open notifications or the general home or status page displays. Browser works fine with other urls, Twitter working, etc. The problem seems to be only with Facebook. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook won't load Nexus7 jellybean
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »

Welcome to the forums. Hate to say it but the Facebook app is notorious for problems. Lag,  crashes etc..   I suggest trying Friendster in a pinch or just log into FB via Chrome or another browser.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ddigger

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook won't load Nexus7 jellybean
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I've also tried to login to FB via Chrome (after removing the FB app from the nexus). Chrome has no problem accessing any other url, but returns a "network error" message when I ask for FB. It's like FB doesn't exist. Weird. I'll try Firefox.

Welcome to the forums. Hate to say it but the Facebook app is notorious for problems. Lag,  crashes etc..   I suggest trying Friendster in a pinch or just log into FB via Chrome or another browser.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts