2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Wallpapers and Themes

Wallpapers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kjaerlighet:
Thanks for the info on disabling Apps that I don't use.  Will try that.

:-)

bjs229:
kjaerl...I agree with widgets. I always end up dumping em after an hour or so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MrFound:

--- Quote from: JayJ on January 08, 2013, 02:49:49 PM ---You can't remove widgets with removing the application they are a part of and you can only uninstall app if you root your device, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling system apps though. Any system apps removed will stop future OTA updates.
If there are applications that you don't use you can disable them, to do this...

Settings> Apps> All

Scroll through the apps, including system apps and once you have found an app you don't require tap and once in the info screen tap disable. Most system app scan bee disabled but there are some important apps that are part of the OS and cannot be disabled.

Apps I have disabled.

All Live wallpapers
Currents
Earth
Google Korean keyboard
google Pinyin
iWnn IME
iWnn keyboard (white)

--- End quote ---

even if the device is rooted you cannot delete all those apps?
i use system app remover by danesh m(i guess it is 1,29$ on android market) to remove live wallpaperr and other apps on my galaxyS

JayJ:
It's okay on Samsung phones but I wouldn't recommend it on the Nexus line because missing apps from the system partition will stop future OTA updates, you'd then have to flash the factory image just to update...
Any modding of system files will break OTA updates including build.prop mods.

Sent from my Nexus 4

MrFound:
true that! i've spent the last 2 years fleshing roms and updates my self, that i keep forgetting about it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version