March 28, 2024, 05:19:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Wallpapers  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Kjaerlighet

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Wallpapers
« on: December 27, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove Live Wallpapers from my Device.

Thanks

JayJ

Re: Wallpapers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
Do you want to remove a LWP from your homescreen or remove them from your tablet?

To remove a LWP that you have chosen simply choose a wallpaper that is not a LWP, either long press the homescreen and select wallpaper or...

Settings> Display> Wallpaper> Select an option.

If you mean remove a LWP totally from your N7, you can't per say but you can disable them...

Settings> Apps> All> select a LWP, tap to open App info screen and select Disable.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »

I thought Jayj and I were  some of the few file obsessed here..  good to see some others joining the fold!  Lol
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Kjaerlighet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »
@Bjs229

Sometimes I don't want some of the stuff these gadgets come with and I want rid of them.  I am now looking to see if I can do something about getting rid of the Widgets that are on the N7.  I don't see the point of these when you have Apps.

:-)

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
You can't remove widgets with removing the application they are a part of and you can only uninstall app if you root your device, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling system apps though. Any system apps removed will stop future OTA updates.
If there are applications that you don't use you can disable them, to do this...

Settings> Apps> All

Scroll through the apps, including system apps and once you have found an app you don't require tap and once in the info screen tap disable. Most system app scan bee disabled but there are some important apps that are part of the OS and cannot be disabled.

Apps I have disabled.

All Live wallpapers
Currents
Earth
Google Korean keyboard
google Pinyin
iWnn IME
iWnn keyboard (white)

Offline Kjaerlighet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:08:07 PM »
Thanks for the info on disabling Apps that I don't use.  Will try that.

:-)

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:05 AM »
kjaerl...I agree with widgets. I always end up dumping em after an hour or so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:07 AM »
You can't remove widgets with removing the application they are a part of and you can only uninstall app if you root your device, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling system apps though. Any system apps removed will stop future OTA updates.
If there are applications that you don't use you can disable them, to do this...

Settings> Apps> All

Scroll through the apps, including system apps and once you have found an app you don't require tap and once in the info screen tap disable. Most system app scan bee disabled but there are some important apps that are part of the OS and cannot be disabled.

Apps I have disabled.

All Live wallpapers
Currents
Earth
Google Korean keyboard
google Pinyin
iWnn IME
iWnn keyboard (white)

even if the device is rooted you cannot delete all those apps?
i use system app remover by danesh m(i guess it is 1,29$ on android market) to remove live wallpaperr and other apps on my galaxyS
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:56:49 AM by MrFound »

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 03:14:37 AM »
It's okay on Samsung phones but I wouldn't recommend it on the Nexus line because missing apps from the system partition will stop future OTA updates, you'd then have to flash the factory image just to update...
Any modding of system files will break OTA updates including build.prop mods.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 03:18:51 AM »
true that! i've spent the last 2 years fleshing roms and updates my self, that i keep forgetting about it

JayJ

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 04:34:33 AM »
If you root your N7 and your happy flashing ROM's or updates either with a custom recovery, with fastboot or one of the toolkits then it doesn't really matter but at least you know what you can and can't do with a Nexus device.
My last two phones before getting my Nexus 4 both spent more time with custom ROM's installed than stock because of the OEM's poor update rollout, I've tried ROM's on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 but back to stock at the moment...

Sent from my Nexus 4

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 04:55:23 AM »
If you root your N7 and your happy flashing ROM's or updates either with a custom recovery, with fastboot or one of the toolkits then it doesn't really matter but at least you know what you can and can't do with a Nexus device.
My last two phones before getting my Nexus 4 both spent more time with custom ROM's installed than stock because of the OEM's poor update rollout, I've tried ROM's on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 but back to stock at the moment...

Sent from my Nexus 4

exactly, my phone was brended, and i desperately wanted froyo at the time(seems like ages ago) for now i'm trying to keep my n7 stock, but it's really hard to "behave"...

JayJ

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
Yup I know what you mean, my X10i was stuck for the longest time on Cupcake (1.6). When I got my S2, it was okay when it was on Gingerbread but when the ICS update hit, I really liked the stock Android holo feel and look but Touchwiz was stuck UI wise on Gingerbread days, it looked dated and just wrong so flashed CM9 and then used Slim ICS for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts