March 28, 2024, 06:08:18 AM

collapse

Author Topic: [ROM] Modaco custom jelly bean ROM  (Read 2782 times)

Offline spungeworthy

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
[ROM] Modaco custom jelly bean ROM
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
Big thanks to all the guys at xda, in particular, paulobrien for the post and awesome job.
Be sure to hit the thanks button when you go to the link.
Development credit goes to modaco. Thank them by donating to his cause for multiple sclerosis ( although you don't have to)

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I am not responsible in any way for your misfortune. Create a nandroid!!!

Plz read all instructions before you take the first step
Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1769847

I believe this is the best ROM out so far IMO. The link states that there probably won't be any updates for this ROM in the future but the content is more than double of what I've seen so far..
Gapps is included. Read in link for full feature list.

I flashed this ROM along with the Atlantis kernel using clockworkmod with superuser with no trouble and the N7 is as smooth as ever
If you would like a link to the Atlantis kernel just ask and I will create another thread. I don't recommend the nova launcher for the N7 because I tried it and it takes away from the tablet interface big time!!

Any questions plz ask and I will attempt to help the best I can. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:01:23 PM by spungeworthy »

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: [ROM] Modaco custom jelly bean ROM
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
Please list your root method, one click or manual and your source for CWM. Some versions of CWM have issues from what I have seen.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
Just curious but what advantages are there to using a custom ROM on the N7?  It seems like a pain in the butt to maintain and also risky in that it could void the warrant, so are there any pro's that would out way the con's of running this or any custom ROM?

Sam

Offline spungeworthy

• View Profile
Re: Re: [ROM] Modaco custom jelly bean ROM
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
Please list your root method, one click or manual and your source for CWM. Some versions of CWM have issues from what I have seen.

I used this video
I believe its the one click don't remember though

Offline spungeworthy

• View Profile
Re: Re: [ROM] Modaco custom jelly bean ROM
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
Just curious but what advantages are there to using a custom ROM on the N7?  It seems like a pain in the butt to maintain and also risky in that it could void the warrant, so are there any pro's that would out way the con's of running this or any custom ROM?

Sam

Hey Sam,

Rooting your most definitely will void your warranty, however you can always flash the stock ROM found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1745781 and then your N7 will be within warranty regulations. Now to answer your other question, you will find the most common answer for modding your device will be the tons of customization available as well as better battery life while under clocking the CPU or a ridiculously fast device by over clocking not mention free tethering, free apps and a complete device overhaul!! If you don't like jelly bean on your N7 you flash ice cream sandwich, honeycomb etc...  I hope this answers your question.

Offline edhunter

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts