March 28, 2024, 12:54:46 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Micro USB port is loose  (Read 1962 times)

Offline PeleKen

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Micro USB port is loose
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
So my usb port has been getting worse and worse.  I would have to wiggle it just so to get the thing to charge.  Now it's completely dead and I can't seem to charge it at all.  What are my options?  Anyone know when I can get a pogo pin dock?

Thanks

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Micro USB port is loose
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »
I would get it repaired.

Pogo pin ASUS docking station ($40) is suppose to ship sometime in January but they keep pushing back the date so I would not hold my breath.  In any case, you can NOT send data back and forth from the pogo pins on the N7, only with the USB (or wireless). 

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
POGO is a NOGO. As far as I know, not available yet unless you are a do it yourselfer. I agree with Trout. Get it repaired. Even with a pogo you still are missing a crucial hardware option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »
I pulled off the back with a guitar pick to check my usb. It has far more strain relief than other tablets, a shield is screwed down instead of relying on the solder joints alone. So I didn't add epoxy this time. The contacts might get dirty, some electronics non lubricating cleaner might help, spray the otg jack and insert it a few times. If the jack is broken, I would send it in for repair.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
Do you use your charging cable for any other devices? Just curious... I have seen in the past that cables used on different devices can damage the cable. Once the cable is damaged, it starts to damage the devices...

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (PNuT.BuTTa.JB.v1.0.4a-R3Ds themed URBaN.v1.1) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman