April 19, 2024, 12:23:02 AM

collapse

Author Topic: root or not root  (Read 1590 times)

Offline hw61

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
root or not root
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
i am trying to decide if i should root my tablet  . why do guys root ?   i am new at this any help would be appreciated .   would it increase processor or graphics or touch proformance ?  some of the reading i done about it is out of my leaque 

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: root or not root
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
The main reasons people root are to gain more control over the file system. This means you cab read and write to external USB storage, change your OS, change permissions, backup apps and data without a PC, and more. You can also remove ads from aps. It is possible to also increase the CPU and graphics performance. The Nexus is sitting at the top of the food chain in that department, so it can handle anything you can throw at it.

I'm an advocate of rooting, but many people don't unless the come across a situation where they need root privileges.
Definitely doing the right thing with research. If you decide to, we're glad to help.

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (PNuT.BuTTa.JB.v1.0.4a-R3Ds themed URBaN.v1.1) via Tapatalk 2

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »
If you use the forum search you should be able to find lots of information about root...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline wpb1960

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:45 PM »
But, will it void the warranty by rooting ?  :-\

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
Technically yes but its easy enough to flag the factory image and unroot, only issue would be if you bricked the device and then tried to claim on warranty...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts