March 29, 2024, 08:14:02 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Is This The Perfect Bluetooth Keyboard For Your Nexus 7?  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Is This The Perfect Bluetooth Keyboard For Your Nexus 7?
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:58:03 AM »

What if I told you you could buy a bluetooth keyboard with good tactile feedback that was made of aluminum, was perfectly designed to double as a 'cover' for your Nexus 7 and even had a simulated leatherette backing that matched your Nexus 7's to stylishly compliment your tablet.  Not only that but what if I threw in that it worked using Bluetooth 3.0 so connected to your Nexus 7 wirelessly, had great battery life and to top it off this keyboard could be yours for barely over twenty bucks!   You'd probably say I was crazy right?  Well guess what?  I'm not and this is exactly what you see above.

The above video, shot by an XDA Developer member shows the chinese manufactured aluminum keyboard in all its glory.  It is currently being offered for sale under various model numbers and names on a number of sites for a variety of prices but if you hit the link below you can grab one for just a smidge over $20 and they even throw in free shipping!   For this price, I seriously might just grab two!  Now nobody is claiming that this is going to be the world's best keyboard and match an item that is larger and three times the price.  Sure, the layout is going to be a reduced size to fit the dimensions of the N7 and it might not have all the bells and whistles of a hundred dollar product... but considering the price,  how compact this keyboard is and that it snaps on top of your Nexus 7 functioning as a case that looks custom made...this really is quite a cool little product.  It's inexpensive enough to even serve as a super compact 'second' keyboard that you can have with you all the time for touch typing.   I've already ordered mine...what are you waiting for?  Hit the link below and grab one ;)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:52:25 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline NordieBoy

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Is This The Perfect Bluetooth Keyboard For Your Nexus 7?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »
It's not alloy, much to my disgust.
Oh, and the magnet in the keyboard turns the N7 off unless you dock it with the volume and power buttons facing down.

Otherwise I like it.

Offline strollin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
@Babyfacemagee - Some reviews of this keyboard say that the N7 needs to be placed in the dock with the power/volume buttons facing down or the N7 screen is blanked by an embedded magnet.  Did you find that to be the case?  I see in your video that the N7 is in the dock with the power/volume buttons up, did you need to modify the keyboard to do that?

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:16:49 AM »
Looks pretty neat

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
strollin, haven't received mine yet so I can't say.  If that does happen though, what I'd do is figure out at what point the magnet is contacting and figure out a fix, perhaps a piece of thick tape at that spot or what have you.   Seems to work well in the video though and if I need to position it with the volume button on top then so be it.  Not a big deal to me.  For 20 bucks it seems like a pretty decent piece of kit.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline strollin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
I read one review where someone opened up the keyboard and pried up the magnet glued inside.

Offline NordieBoy

• View Profile
Re: Re: Is This The Perfect Bluetooth Keyboard For Your Nexus 7?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
I read one review where someone opened up the keyboard and pried up the magnet glued inside.
Yep. Just run your fingernail around the join and pop it open. The magnet is near the switch.

Offline Idani881

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »
LOL I actually posted a video of my keyboard that I got yesterday!
I'd like you to also post it!

It also contains pictures!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:53:11 PM by Babyfacemagee »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts