March 28, 2024, 05:52:04 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Outlook 2010 Calendar to Nexus 7  (Read 3477 times)

Offline bhapi148

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Outlook 2010 Calendar to Nexus 7
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »
I want to copy my (stand alone) Outlook 2010 Calendar (appointment) to Nexus 7 somehow.
I can sync Outlook to my HTC One XL, so was wondering if it possible to sync to Nexus 7.
Other thoughts:-
1. Is it possible to export Calendar from Outlook and import to Nexus 7 or is there any apps that could do this?
2. Is it possible to copy my calendar from my HTC One XL to Nexus7.
I am opened to any suggestions. Appreciate any help. Thankz.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Outlook 2010 Calendar to Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bhapi148

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »
Thankz, Just got my Nexus, love it so far. Frustrated that I can't get my Outlook calendar on my Nexus.  But I am hoping that someone can suggest something.
Regards

Offline Jamieb158

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Outlook 2010 Calendar to Nexus 7
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »
Thankz, Just got my Nexus, love it so far. Frustrated that I can't get my Outlook calendar on my Nexus.  But I am hoping that someone can suggest something.
Regards

There used to be goosync that worked well. But no longer officially supported http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936#gcs  to sync your outlook with your Google calendar,  it would be worth the effort of hunting out a link elsewhere for it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bhapi148

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:30:19 AM »
Yeh, read that article but I don't really want to sync with Google anyway. I use Outlook calendar on my desktop all the time and I want to be able to copy onto my Nexus 7 so that I can take it with me. Thanks anyway. Does anyone know of an app that can do this?

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »
I use Google Calendar Sync on my PC to sync my Outlook calendar to my Google Calendar on my Nexus devices.

Also works the other way.  I can add something to my Google Calendar and it syncs to my Outlook calendar.

Sent from my 16Gb Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
I want to copy my (stand alone) Outlook 2010 Calendar (appointment) to Nexus 7 somehow.
I can sync Outlook to my HTC One XL, so was wondering if it possible to sync to Nexus 7.
Other thoughts:-
1. Is it possible to export Calendar from Outlook and import to Nexus 7 or is there any apps that could do this?
2. Is it possible to copy my calendar from my HTC One XL to Nexus7.
I am opened to any suggestions. Appreciate any help. Thankz.

I use Outlook 2007 and had the same problem syncing to my Android phone.  I finally purchased DejaOffice which is an Android suite that syncs with Outlook (and several other data bases).  After purchasing a license you need to download the DejaOffice App from Google Play.

This isn't the best software in the world but it works fine for me.  There are other alternatives.  Do an internet search for sync Outlook with Android.  I found that the "free" programs were mostly trials.

Note:  I haven't installed DejaOffice on my N7, but have used it on my Android phones for about two years.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »
For Outlook integration there are many work around apps and solutions that require multiple steps and convoluted processes to achieve synchronization with your phone, tablet, and pc, but the only true solution resides in hosted exchange email. Hosted exchange available from GoDaddy or other providers for a monthly fee, insures that a change to your contacts or calendar and all emails is revised on on all of your devices, phone, tablet, pc, and web portal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »
I guess thats why my corporate outlook calendar syncs with my google calendar only on my Razr.  I have the corporate account added to my Razr, and all calendars are combined.  I didn't exactly do anything besides add the account and check the boxes to keep it all synced.  The corporate email is of course hosted on an exchange server, but I only get the calendar and meeting notifications on the device that has my corporate acount, not on all devices with the same google account. 

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman