March 28, 2024, 06:47:26 AM

collapse

Author Topic: best phone?  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Ashone

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
best phone?
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
I just bought a Nexus 7 32g with no HSPA. I m in the market for a phone to go with it. Which phone/plan will give me the best bang for my buck?

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: best phone?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:30 PM »
Thought of little brother. Nexus 4? Best deal out there. Now available on T- Mobile...

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (PNuT.BuTTa.JB.v1.0.4a-R3Ds themed URBaN.v1.1) via Tapatalk 2

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30:13 AM »
It depends in what country you live.  in europe sgs3 is quad core,  in the usa it's dual.  nexus 4 has the best quality/price rate.  im thinking about getting one too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:52 AM »
The new Sony phones coming out will be sweet. Just wait for MWC at the end if February to see what comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Offline Ashone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Would a mobile hotspot be a better option?

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
Re: Re: best phone?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »
The new Sony phones coming out will be sweet. Just wait for MWC at the end if February to see what comes out.

problem woth sony devices are updates... they always come late.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: best phone?
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:52:24 AM »

problem woth sony devices are updates... they always come late.

Yeah if they come at all. Sony is saying their changing how they treat their smart phones so we will see.

I would wait for a 1080p screen, 2gb of ram, and a quad core processor.

Until then I would either:
A. Buy a used unlocked Galaxy Nexus (free portable hot spot because our carrier can't tell)

B. Buy a portable WiFi hotspot with a pay as you go plan until you find the perfect phone for you

Or you can just settle for something now.

Offline NordieBoy

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
I use a shockproof, waterproof, Sony Ericsson Xperia Active and use it as a mobile hotspot for the N7 when needed...

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
The Nexus 4 is a great phone if you can get one...

As for Sony and their updates, my first Android phone before I knew anything about Android was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and its biggest issue was updates. Released on Android 1.6, it didn't get 2.1 until 6-12 months after other devices and they promised then that things would change....

Really??

The Nexus 4 has at least four of the points sarge makes, it's screen is 4.7-inch True HD IPS PLUS with 1,280 x 768 resolution and whilst not 1080 it is on par with 720p devices like the HTC One X but it's IPS screen jumps out at you.
It does have 2GB of RAM and a Quad core processor, not to mention it's pure Android so the first to get updates.
The biggest thing though is the price, where else can you by a phone of this spec for 300 bucks...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:51:51 PM by JayJ »

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
I changed my SGS3 for a Nexus 4 - wouldn't go back.

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
The Nexus 4 is a great phone if you can get one...

As for Sony and their updates, my first Android phone before I knew anything about Android was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and its biggest issue was updates. Released on Android 1.6, it didn't get 2.1 until 6-12 months after other devices and they promised then that things would change....

Really??

The Nexus 4 has at least four of the points sarge makes, it's screen is 4.7-inch True HD IPS PLUS with 1,280 x 768 resolution and whilst not 1080 it is on par with 720p devices like the HTC One X but it's IPS screen jumps out at you.
It does have 2GB of RAM and a Quad core processor, not to mention it's pure Android so the first to get updates.
The biggest thing though is the price, where else can you by a phone of this spec for 300 bucks...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I agree with you jay, but you also started the problem, I'm giving up on finding one and the fact LG makes it has made me not really want to look to hard. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on the Motorola X phone rumors. I love their build quality but there hardware always seems to be one step behind.

JayJ

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
I stated it? How did I start it? What did I start? ???

The only issue I have with the N4 is my fear of over discharge after my first Nexus 4, I still don't regret getting an N4 and still recommend it to anybody interested.

As for the build quality, I can't see an issue. It's a great phone, easily the best I've owned and give it a couple weeks and the lack of Nexus 4's will be a thing of the past.
How can a company that's changed the internet the way Google has not predict the interest in a phone of the quality and spec of the Nexus 4 at such an incredible price??

Hopefully lessons were learnt...

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:22 PM »
I stated it? How did I start it? What did I start? ???

The only issue I have with the N4 is my fear of over discharge after my first Nexus 4, I still don't regret getting an N4 and still recommend it to anybody interested.

As for the build quality, I can't see an issue. It's a great phone, easily the best I've owned and give it a couple weeks and the lack of Nexus 4's will be a thing of the past.
How can a company that's changed the internet the way Google has not predict the interest in a phone of the quality and spec of the Nexus 4 at such an incredible price??

Hopefully lessons were learnt...

Lol stated*

I think its a good phone but I want to jump on the bandwagon as soon as possible with my next phone so I have more time with it being the latest and greatest, the N4 is already a few months old and lacks a 1080p screen. I'm not bashing by any means I just don't want to get one 6 months after it came out like my galaxy nexus.

JayJ

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
The Nexus 4 is only two months old so you'd hardly be late to the party...

I'm not sure on the ETA of the Motorola X but the next Nexus is a good 10 months off...

Offline Belisarius

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:03 AM »
That HTC droid DNA looks pretty sweet... of course, I'm 21 months away from an upgrade anyway, so me and my razr m are gonna be together for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts