April 25, 2024, 08:40:16 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Android 4.2 Rolls Out To Nexus 7: Multiuser Support, Photosphere and More!  (Read 12283 times)

g-girl

Re: Android 4.2 Rolls Out To Nexus 7: Multiuser Support, Photosphere and More!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
You'll get a notification when an app has an update, pull the left statusbar down to open notifications and tap to open the Play store to update.
Or if you go to the Play you can set apps to auto update, you need to set this in the Play Store settings.

Thank you! I appreciate your help.  :D

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
Yes, it is recommended that each user has an individual Google account. Apps are not shared. You can change the user from the lock screen or from the right pulldown menu. A user can be created from menu > settings > users.

Thanks, I added a user with no trouble.  Very easy to choose a user at the startup screen (after you give the owner and the user nicknames you will recognize -- this is done in the settings screen for Users).  Each user has his/her own apps, but if the owner has an app, it does not appear that any additional storage space is taken up for the app itself when installed by the second user. 

This is a fantastic addition in Android 4.2.

Offline tmcswusa

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
My N7 has the same Clock Stop problem, except the restart does not fix it, anyone else seen the issue?

TMCSWUSA

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts