March 28, 2024, 03:52:02 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Leaked Qualcomm Roadmap Hints At 'Key Lime Pie' Release At Google I/O May 15  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Several leaked slides from a presentation on Qualcomm's processor roadmap have been posted by AndroidPolice.com and from the looks of them it would appear to confirm that 'Key Lime Pie', the next major release of the Android operating system will be released sometime during the 2nd quarter of this year.  Specifically mentioned is a timeframe of between Mar-Jun 'Spring' which just happens to have Google's May 15th Google I/O yearly company conference smack in the middle of it.  This leads us to believe that we will in fact be seeing the next major release of Android, probably called Android 5.0 'Key Lime Pie' during the conference and it would only make sense that if the company does plan on releasing the 2nd generation Nexus 7 during the conference that we will see this new version of the OS running on it.  I don't know about you but if these rumors of a 1080p Nexus 7, Tegra 4, thinner bezel and Android 5.0 hold true, I'll be ordering one on day one and handing my first generation N7 to my nephew. 

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline JimG

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Does it necessarily mean that the current Nexus 7 would not get the K-release?

JayJ

The current Nexus 7 will most definitely be getting Key Lime Pie...

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
The current Nexus 7 will most definitely be getting Key Lime Pie...

Amen. We are pioneers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:11:48 PM by bjs229 »

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Nexus devices will always get the newest updates unless Google actually says they won't. Its a big deal when they stop, and they usually won't let that information be known closer to release but anything Galaxy Nexus and newer will probably get key lime pie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Offline rockphantom

• View Profile
If you're planning to discard the current Nexus in order to get version 2.0, you must have money to burn. I love my Nexus 7 32GB and plan to use it until it dies and then get a Nexus 7 3.0 or 4.0 if I'm lucky. :)

Offline Smelter

• View Profile
It begs the question, how do you get your stuff off the old onto the new?
Is it possible to network a Nexus 7 and transfer across?
Reinstalling the free stuff should be straight forward, but getting the paid for apps etc?

JayJ

It begs the question, how do you get your stuff off the old onto the new?
Is it possible to network a Nexus 7 and transfer across?
Reinstalling the free stuff should be straight forward, but getting the paid for apps etc?

There many way to transfer media from one device to another and all paid and non paid applications will be under "All" in My applications on Google Play...

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts