March 28, 2024, 11:19:10 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Tasker for Nexus 7  (Read 3508 times)

Offline ivan

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Tasker for Nexus 7
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »
I've heard good things about this App called Tasker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

However it's 6 bucks to buy it. Is it worth it for the Nexus 7?

*EDIT* Also can the Nexus 7 see cell phone towers? Would make automation a bit better.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:42:59 PM by ivan »

JayJ

Re: Tasker for Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »
Depends whether you feel its features are useful to you and only you would know that, it's an interesting app but not with that to me personally.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Jamieb158

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Mine seems to be taking longer recently,  I wondered if it was to do with updates,  i always have wifi on but don't use it when charging,  if I end up having to wipe it then i'm gonna root, was gonna leave that til out of warranty but if I gotta

The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.

Offline mikespe

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
I used to use tasked a lot on my og droid and on my Bionic...bit I found it took longer and longer for me to keep tweaking tasking to fit my needs it became a bother... The price really jumped since I bought it years ago...it was like $2-$3 back then. Check YouTube for some video reviews to see if its really for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD

Offline Techguru

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
I use Locale on my phone (similar functions, somewhat easier interface, share a lot of the same plugins).  Had I started with Tasker, I would probably use it instead.  I find it very useful on my phone, but haven't seen enough functionality to bother putting it on my tablet.  Phone does things like change volume profile depending on my location and time of day, makes sure Bluetooth is turned on when I am in the car, sets which phones Google Voice rings depending on where I am and whether or not I have a BT headset connected, etc...  None of which are of much use to me on the tablet.

I actually have a Tasker license and I keep thinking of switching because it does a lot more built in that Locale needs plugins for and that drives the overall cost up a lot, but I haven't been able to get past the more difficult UI compared to how easy Locale is to use to take the time to learn it yet.

Alan

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
I have read it can be challenging to set up. Is that true?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Techguru

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:29:51 AM »
"I have read it can be challenging to set up. Is that true? "

Yes, it is not very intuitive.  Locale is easier, but doesn't do quite as much.  However, putting a little time into it, and asking questions at the Tasker forum https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/tasker it can be mastered.

Alan

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts