March 28, 2024, 06:11:37 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Dead ??  (Read 2892 times)

Offline WilliamP

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Dead ??
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
I bought my wife a Nexus 7 Dec.5 last year. It has been doing fine till this morning. It would not do anything. Office Depot gave me another one but it worries me. It was working last night then died. I hope that this is rare. It was only 3 months old.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Dead ??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »
I bought my wife a Nexus 7 Dec.5 last year. It has been doing fine till this morning. It would not do anything. Office Depot gave me another one but it worries me. It was working last night then died. I hope that this is rare. It was only 3 months old.

With over 6 million Nexus 7's being sold, I think it is inevitable that their will be some units that fail, but honestly I have not seen an alarming failure rate for the Nexus 7 in any area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

Re: Dead ??
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
Should have posted here before returning it, I doubt it's truly dead...

You could have held the power button for 30 seconds, it's a hot reset and has fixed many Nexus 7's.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »
I am trying to follow here..is this two bad units or one? Did you try and hold the power button down for 30 seconds or more?  Please give some info on what the problem is. Dead battery? Charged? Connected to computer or wall?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »
Bought in Dec. Fine till this morning. Store gave new one. Worked last night then died. It was three months old. So you have a brand new one now?   I am so confused my head is spinning.  At any rate,  there was probably an easy fix like Jayj mentioned earlier...
machines do break. It happens. Worrying that it is going to break again really takes away from the enjoyment of the tablet or car or whatever. These are great little machines. They are inexpensive and in my opinion give you the best in value and performance in the segment. In the future, please don't hesitate to ask questions here. There is an amazing group here that in most cases know more about the Nexus and Android than most people that sell them. I can also attest to the fact that they can take a beating as well and keep on ticking.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:41:45 PM by bjs229 »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »

Not dead but it was a close one.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »
Lol you bored bj? Let it go till he clarifies Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »
bjs you should have told me how to fix it before I returned it. I'm just kidding of course.  I felt that it was toast because I couldn't get any response at all. Plugging the charger in didn't show the battery and the charger transformer didn't seem to be getting warm. If in fact the 30 second trick worked ,what could have made it necessary.

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
PS bjs there was only one. And I do wish that I had posted here first ,before taking it back.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
Gotcha. Good thing is they gave you one after three months of owning it.  You think they will take mine back?  :D Did you have an insurance plan of some sort? That sounds like amazing service!
There are a few issues that sometimes seem worse than they actually are. There is amazing info here so try not to worry to much. If it's fixable, there is someone here that will get you rolling.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts