March 29, 2024, 02:33:19 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Machinarium'  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Machinarium'
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »

Fans of hand-drawn artwork in computer games will be happy to know that 'Machinarium', that rub-goldbergesque scrolling/puzzler is now compatible with the Nexus 7.  'Machinarium' won the 2009 IGF award for Excellence in Visual Art.  'Machinarium' is a really original and dare I say 'odd' game where you control a little robot as he explores a spooky, intricate world and unlock all kinds of mysteries through puzzles and challenges.   Here's some gameplay footage to give you an idea...

'Machinarium' is the first full length adventure game from Czech developer 'Amanita Design'.  You have to use logic to collect important items and solve environmental puzzles to progress through the game and get your robot explorer back to the city of 'Machinarium' where he can rescue his robot girlfriend.  It features an original atmospheric score that won the 'Best Score' Award in 2009 from PC Gamer.  It features a haunting visual style that you won't easily forget.  Definitely worth trying out on your Nexus 7 as they just recently re-worked the game to run on it.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:42:48 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Machinarium'
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
I sideloaded that on my Razr a few months ago. Awesome graphics and gameplay puzzles, but it wasn't formatted to my screen resolution. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Sent From my Razr Maxx(stock .211, waiting for the MFN soak test) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman