March 28, 2024, 05:47:57 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New to Tablets  (Read 1310 times)

Offline BODIDDLY

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
New to Tablets
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »
I have a nook reader...for a long time...thought I'd plum worn it out...didn't work well...decided to buy another at B+N store in Fort Myers FL...had a deal...buy a nookHD+ and get a nook simple reader free! So I ponied up $270, and got them both. My first Tablet....then I found out no download from anyplace but B+N store.Did not like that...too confining...so I took them back. Now looking at the Nexus7....don't download much...can I get away with a16GB, or should I go to 32GB. Pretty big price uptick. I also note that Goggle/Asus may come out with a second edition in July...I don't need the 4G connection...all my work will be with WiFI. By the way, I worked on the old nook reader, and the silly thing is working fine...think it just wanted a short vacation.  Thanks for any info.

Offline engineer

• View Profile
Re: New to Tablets
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »
The nexus 7 is worlds ahead of the nook. You’ll be amazed.
IMHO, 16g is ideal and is what I have. Remember that with free apps, you can use a flash drive via usb. Rarely need to.

Price: I got mine at staples which sold the 16g wifi model for $199 which is cheaper than Amazon and most places. On the other hand, when the new nexus 7 comes out (July?) the current model may get cheaper.

Biggest problem for me is that it has only wifi. But it can be tethered to your phone for locations with no WiFi.

Look at this video for a good introduction to the nexus 7.

Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »
Glad to have you drop by for some information on the Nexus 7. First if you are using a mono color Nook and use it to read in the bright Florida sun, then you will not be able to read from any color tablet in direct sunlight. Second, if your current Nook is working, I suggest waiting until the new Nexus 7 hits the market in July, you will certainly get more tablet for your dollar or you may find a current Nexus 7 at a bargain price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline BODIDDLY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:33:43 PM »
Thank you both for the help...I will wait until July.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman