March 28, 2024, 06:34:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Adapting a Dock as a dash mount  (Read 2861 times)

Offline steveclecy

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Adapting a Dock as a dash mount
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:39:53 AM »
Have been looking for a suitable dashmount so that my Nexus 7 can be used as both my music player and Sat Nav but all of those I have seen look flimsy.

I am wondering whether the official Nexus dock could be adapted to fit on the dashboard of our Fiat Ducato based motorhome (RV) and the Nexus secured with perhaps an elasticated clip from the base.

Any views or alternative ideas?

Steve

Offline Jim1348

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Adapting A Dock As A Dash Mount
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »
It could be done, but I would not recommend it.  I would suggest a dedicated GPS from Garmin that has an MP3 player, that is if you mean by music player.  If you mean streaming audio, then perhaps a smartphone that has an OEM windshield mount might be in order.  I am particularly partial to Garmin maps, but I do have TomTom on my Nexus 7.  I do have the ASUS dock and that is why I would not recommend it for what you are thinking about.  If you really want a good mount for the Nexus 7, I would keep searching.  There must be something that is good quality out there.  Maybe if you search here it has already been posted.   

Offline jrdouce

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adapting a Dock as a dash mount
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
I'm probably a bit late replying for the OP, but I've been using a adjustable windshield mount and an adhesive dashboard disk.  It's been successful and stable for a couple of months now. 

The mount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M8ST36/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The dash  adapter:  http://www.amazon.com/AP013-Adapter-Circular-Adhesive-Console/dp/B001IB2120/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1369249561&sr=1-4&keywords=dashboard+disk

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman