April 23, 2024, 01:34:54 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How to download google play to PC  (Read 2465 times)

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
How to download google play to PC
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »
I need to download the google play so I can sideload on my Nook Simple Touch (NST)
I go to google play store and have no problem downloading it directly to my N7 but can not download to my PC
I am aware that this is a N7 forum but my question is a generic one.... I hope to get some expert advise here

I got the NST for $20 @RS and rooted it but unable to get the Google Play directly to the NST. The NST after rooting can be both an e-reader & a tablet (albeit with limited features), it will allow me to read Kindle mobi books as well as epub

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: How to download google play to PC
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:09 AM »
Your best bet would be to find a forum for your nook. Getting play on devices not authorized by google involves more than the play app. You need frameworks, contacts, calendar, sync. There are methods that alias a tablet as another that is recognized by google. Good luck.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »
Yeah Matt is right, you cannot simply download from the Play store into your Nook and Google Play store does not allow the download of apk's to sideload...

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline dominic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
Thanks for all of your comments, at least I know where I am in this game

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
This is interesting, you can make or buy a bootable sd card with android for nook and have 4.2 jb with google play. With your tablet rooted, you may also be able to find a gapps.zip to install the system apps.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Talk/Google-Play-on-nook/td-p/1319405

Offline strollin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
If you can do a backup of the Google Play app on your N7 so that you now have the apk file, you can then copy it to your other device.  However, Google Play requires some other Google components in order for it to work so you need to find out what those are and get them as well.  As said earlier, you need to find the gapps.zip file that is floating around in order to get Google Play working.  Good luck!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman