I picked up a Nexus 7 at the weekend and having played with it for a few hours i've come to the conclusion that I really don't know how to get the most out of my shiny new toy so am looking for any tips on must have apps and WHAT people actually use their tablets for.
Heres some details on what i've got already.
- 32GB 3G Nexus 7... I've not got a 3G sim yet though so am restricted to wi-fi until I make a decision on if I really do need a 3G connection.
- MX Player, Nexus Media Importer, OTG cable. Planning on using this to play and store movies on USB sticks.
- Netflix(seems a bit redundant without 3G. Is there any way I can DL Netflix stuff to my tablet?)
- Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Youtube
Here's a few things i'd like to be able to do or seem to be missing... My main problem at the moment seems to be that without a wifi connection it's just a pretty paperweight
- A decent Music player
- Some sort of MS Word/Exel app
- A decent battery power app... My battery seems to drain very quickly!
- Some sort of app to pair it with my HTC One Android phone if they exist?
- Some decent apps to fill my time when I don't have access to wifi.
- Recommendations for a decent case that has room for headphones and a stylus(I've got a cheap leather case at the moment and not sure if to replace it with a silicon case/zagg screen protector combo or if I should get a better leather style case with some storage pockets for a stylus and headphones)
- Any other ideas for making it a bit more than a movie and MP3 player!