March 28, 2024, 06:57:54 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Some Forum Humor (or should I say Humour)  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Some Forum Humor (or should I say Humour)
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:22:16 PM »
How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
and finally:
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post a year from now and start it all over again.

I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

JayJ

Re: Some Forum Humor (or should I say Humour)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
I've just changed a lightbulb and it's working perfectly but remember to change it safely using a ladder and not a chair...

This post has been moved to the lighting subforum... No the electrical subforum... No the Industrial Light and Magic subforum... No the...

It's Lightbulb, not Lightbulb... No... Lamp... Or is it lightlamp...

This posting is perfectly relevant so long as it's in a Lightbulb forum and the Lightbulb is bought from Asda. I think...

Tiny, this is your moderator talking... Anymore nonsense about Lightbulbs will result in an infraction and posting validation.
Failing to comply with the"New" Lightbulb ruling will result in a me having to bring it the "Ban" hammer... With which I'm going to smash up all your Light bulbs....

Haha... Ha... Hahaha......    Ha

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
I've just changed a lightbulb and it's working perfectly but remember to change it safely using a ladder and not a chair...

This post has been moved to the lighting subforum... No the electrical subforum... No the Industrial Light and Magic subforum... No the...

It's Lightbulb, not Lightbulb... No... Lamp... Or is it lightlamp...

This posting is perfectly relevant so long as it's in a Lightbulb forum and the Lightbulb is bought from Asda. I think...

Tiny, this is your moderator talking... Anymore nonsense about Lightbulbs will result in an infraction and posting validation.
Failing to comply with the"New" Lightbulb ruling will result in a me having to bring it the "Ban" hammer... With which I'm going to smash up all your Light bulbs....

Haha... Ha... Hahaha......    Ha

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

First of seven grammatical points:

I've just changed a light bulb and it's working perfectly, but remember to change it safely by using a ladder and not a chair.

;D
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
Hey, I resemble all that!

Offline Ketlan

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
"This": another irritating response to pretty much any post.

Anyway, a chair is better than a stepladder, as long as there is a safety executive, a union representative and a healthcare professional nearby. Possibly a counsellor too, in case therapy is required following the inevitable disaster. :o

And, ohmigod, I nearly forgot. A lawyer, of course. Better call Saul. ;)

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman