Nexus 7 General Forums > Nexus 7 Polls

Will you buy a Chromecast?

(1/2) > >>

Babyfacemagee:
Along with the New Nexus 7 introduced last week, Google surprised the tech world with the introduction of the Chromecast device which makes it incredibly easy to stream video, games and even web content to your HDTV from your tablet, phone or computer.  So who here plans on picking up (or already has) a Chromecast and do you plan to use it mostly with your Nexus 7 or other devices you own?

birdastrompgman:
I already have that capability with my rooted $40 MK808 and MK808B mini-PCs running Android 4.1 and 4.2

bjs229:
I bought two! They work great and come with a free three months of Netflix thru BestBUY.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

S.Prime:
I ordered one from Amazon on the day they were announced, even though I have a media pc connected to my entertainment center, but the novelty was intriguing and the possibility of using it for presentations would be a benefit for business clients.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

matt:
Am I missing something? I thought that Chromecast worked by flinging a web address to the device, not by directly streaming content. If it has wireless display capabilities (miracast), I'd get one. Maybe someone could go into settings/display -turn wireless display on and see if it is recognized. Or maybe that could be added later with an update.

So no streaming games and vids from tablet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version