Nexus 7 General Forums > Nexus 7 Polls

Will you buy a Chromecast?

<< < (2/2)

bjs229:

--- Quote from: matt on July 30, 2013, 08:33:45 AM ---Am I missing something? I thought that Chromecast worked by flinging a web address to the device, not by directly streaming content. If it has wireless display capabilities (miracast), I'd get one. Maybe someone could go into settings/display -turn wireless display on and see if it is recognized. Or maybe that could be added later with an update.

So no streaming games and vids from tablet?

--- End quote ---
I can't get wireless to recognize my TV but Chromecast works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

matt:
Not the tv, is the chromecast device seen when you search for wireless displays? I've got an htpc connected thru HDMI, I wonder if there is a wireless display driver for the PC. I bought the new n7 BTW, and cpu-z reports the board and hardware as Flo. Another name for version 2!

JayJ:
The Chromecast doesn't stream content, your phone or tablet is the remote and the Chromecast pulls content directly from its Wi-Fi connection.
I believe Koush Dutta of Clockworkmod is building an application that can stream photos and video direct from your devices Gallery application but the rules from Google for using the SDK are that applications built are not to be shared atm...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version