March 28, 2024, 10:36:37 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Viber App / Google Play  (Read 1614 times)

Offline IanR

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Viber App / Google Play
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »
Hi all

I've been trying to upload the viber.apk App from outside of the GooglePlay store as the Viber app shows as incompatable with the Nexus 7. I'm aware of the issues with Viber and Nexus 7 so had tried to follow advice from other forums and youtube. Unfortunately, every time I try to download the Viber.apk App from outside the playstore, I'm just thrown back to the googleplay website.

Does anyone please have any solution as this has lead to quite a lot of time wasting and frustration! I've tried downloading MediaFire but it won't accept any email address I type in, including a gmail address.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks

Offline IanR

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Viber App- how to get viber to work on nexus 7 - SOLUTION
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
Dear all

This is how to put Viber onto a nexus 7:

1. First go to your settings on the nexus 7. you need to make sure that Google Playstore is NOT the default for downloading Apps. You need to UNCHECK the box.

2. Again in Settings, in Security, make sure you ALLOW downloads from outside the Google Playstore

3. Go to google and download  Viber.apk

4. Reread number 3 - you must downlaod viber.apk

5. Once this has downloaded, follow instructions. You will need a phone number to link with the account. you will get a four digit number and this  allows viber to work.

This really worked for me.

Good luck and please let me know of this was helpful. You CAN get viber to work on a Nexus 7!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Viber App / Google Play
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Thanks for this info. You are aware that you have double posted ..You have another thread referring to the same subject?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts