March 28, 2024, 11:54:21 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Report: Some Owners Of New Nexus 7 Experiencing GPS Connection Issues  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

A number of reports have been circulating since yesterday that some New Nexus 7 owners are experiencing issues with the GPS in their tablets.  The problem apparently is the loss of connection after a length of anywhere from 2 to about 30 minutes and then the inability of the GPS to reconnect without restarting of the tablet.     There's been enough complaints about the issue that Google's Android Community Manager issued the following statement regarding the GPS issue:  "Thanks for the reports everyone, we're looking into it."  Another Google Groups user has said that Google Play Support has also acknowledged the issue and has reportedly said that a patch would be issued to fix the issue, although no date has been given yet for when the patch will be available.  So have any forum members been having issues with their GPS staying connected? 

CNET
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:22:47 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Report: Somer Owners Of New Nexus 7 Experiencing GPS Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
I posted the other night about it happening to me . It has been fine ever since.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline Harpanet13

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Report: Some Owners Of New Nexus 7 Experiencing GPS Connection Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
I have been having GPS connection problems since I first tried to use it. Some days I will connect right away and stay connected and the next day , in the same spot it will take forever to connect and within minutes it is gone. I have been trying to use it with Mapmywalk software and have had nothing but trouble. I hope it is fixable as this is one of my main uses for my tablet.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman