April 20, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Tale of 3 cases  (Read 1970 times)

Offline olc

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Tale of 3 cases
« on: August 19, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
I have tried 3 cases for the new Nexus 7, all from Amazon.

Poetic Slimbook - stiffener in spine makes it so rigid that it's difficult to fold it open like a book, stylus loop is on the back not side, tablet tends to work itself out just enough to make swiping difficult (there is no velcro to secure the flap holding the tablet in). The fit is good and everything is easily accessible. Magnetic on/off closure works fine. A little heavy at 5.4 oz.

Poetic Slimline - Nice light case (3.8 oz) and the tablet fits snugly and securely in the frame. The drawbacks to this case are that it offers little protection in a fall, and the magnetic on/off mechanism is unreliable, choosing when it wants to work or not.

Caseology Ultra Slim Fit Leather Multi-Angle Stand Case - Nice case overall, good fit, well made and has velcro to secure the tablet's hold in flap. It folds open nicely because the spine is flexible not righd. It's has no stylus holder but not a big deal. But this case is near useless because access to the power and volume buttons is virtually impossible. The cutout really doesn't expose the buttons.

So there you have it. Three case down and still looking for one that has it all. Any suggestions?

Offline fireplug

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tale of 3 cases
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »
I got the MoKo BT keyboard case with BT keyboard from Amazon. Keyboard nice and removable, held in by magnets, also has several function keys. Case has access holes for camera etc.

My first one was similar but came in as a totally different case plus it cost note, hopefully Best Buy removed it from the web. Note, the Amazon one ended up cheaper and nicer.

John

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Tale of 3 cases
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
I'm curious whether these case makers are given a certain strength (max and min) magnet size or something by Asus or Google in order to make sure that the auto wake feature works correctly...but yet doesn't cause it to trigger when for instance a cover is swung around to lie on the back of the tablet.  I know a few cases have had this problem with the first generation Nexus 7 and then they corrected the issue.  Perhaps they just guess or wing it by trial and error?
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman