March 28, 2024, 01:20:07 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Creative zen touch? (old one!)  (Read 1474 times)

Offline legoflamb

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Creative zen touch? (old one!)
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:45:20 AM »
I know this is a long shot but I have an old creative zen touch 20gb mp3 player and it's no longer supported by windows so I can't update the music on it (obviously on puporse so they make you buy a new one)

Does anyone know of an app available or if it'll just work if I get the mini to micro usb cable and connect it to my nexus 7 - I'm assuming it's even less likely to work on the nexus than it is a windows 7 pc but I thought maybe because it was a different OS altogether it might just work.....

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Creative zen touch? (old one!)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:43:12 AM »
Have you tried media monkey on the PC? I've had no luck with android to mp3 players so far. If it can be seen as USB storage then nexus media importer may have a chance. If it uses a strange directory system like the iPods where a single file contains all the music then no. Sansa fuze isn't working yet either. Hoping nex media imp. may get updated to work someday, or media monkey for android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Creative zen touch? (old one!)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
Your Zen, if memory serves me correctly, was a MTP device, so a software interface was required to transfer files from your pc to the Zen. The software ran fine on XP, but will probably not run on Windows 7 or 8. You could download the XP mode for Windows 7 that runs as a virtual machine and the software should run fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman