2013 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (2nd Generation, Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7.2) > New Nexus 7 Root, Hacks, Mods And Development (2nd Gen)

Rooting Questions and Suggestions for Nexus 7 2013

<< < (2/3) > >>

matt:
I believe busybox is an application that updates a number of linux commands. On my older tablets, superuser would not work correctly unless busybox was run.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JayJ:
Busybox does not need to be installed on a custom ROM...
It's an application as matt says, once the root process is complete you run the Busybox app to install the Linux/Unix commands that Android does not have. The application has a GUI which runs you through the process of installation.

Sent using The Force

ivan:

--- Quote from: JayJ on October 01, 2013, 08:42:02 AM ---Busybox does not need to be installed on a custom ROM...
It's an application as matt says, once the root process is complete you run the Busybox app to install the Linux/Unix commands that Android does not have. The application has a GUI which runs you through the process of installation.

--- End quote ---

So I don't need to worry about BusyBox if I have the ParanoidAndroid ROM installed? Will I lose any functionality if I don't have it installed? I only ask cause I'm having some issues with my bluetooth.

If I needed to install it, would I find it in my list of installed applications, or would I find it through TWRP?

Thanks for answering all my noob questions!

JayJ:
No the Linux/Unix commands are not your problem, the commands are needed at the "root" level.

It'll be in your list of installed applications.

Sent using The Force

ivan:
This might be interesting for those wanting to root, and install a custom ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2471718

Also, I wanted to ask. What is a custom Kernel, why would I install one, and how do I install it?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version