March 28, 2024, 11:54:48 PM

collapse

Author Topic: First Nexus 7 Commercial Shows Father/Son Camping With A Tablet Twist  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Google Debuted their first Nexus 7 advertisement today and as the video below shows it puts a decidedly tabletized twist on the classic father/son camping trip. From identifying wildlife (even the prehistoric kind) to playing a game of chess to watching a movie to locating themselves in the wilderness of their own backyard, our favorite 7 inch tablet acts as educator, entertainer, companion, and even light source. Interestingly, all the functions the Nexus 7 is used for can be done without a Wi-fi connection (with a bit of pre-camping prep) even though the 'surprise' ending might lead you to believe otherwise.  So does the Nexus 7 fit in with your idea of this 'Norman Rockwell'-ish setting?  Let us know in the comments below.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:03:11 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing, though I'm not sure how you could do all that without wifi.  But great commercial... is this airing on TV or just online?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The only use they show in the add that would make the typical person thing you needed Wi-Fi  was the google maps part.   But because you can pre-cache/download maps onto your Nexus 7 to be used when you don't have Wi-Fi it's actually doable without.  Everything else they show is really stuff you could easily download to your tablet beforehand.  the movie, book, chess game, even the info on the frog and dinosaur...all that stuff doesn't necessarily need Wi-fi if you have the information on your Nexus7 already.   If they had shown them using google or doing a video chat with someone then I'd have called them on it...but they were careful not to show those kinds of 'Wi-Fi' only uses.  Not sure if this is on tv yet or if it's just online.  They'll probably run a shorter 30 second version on tv I should think.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:40:02 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Yeah, cute!  They know how to pull on the heart strings...
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Philip

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing, though I'm not sure how you could do all that without wifi.  But great commercial... is this airing on TV or just online?

The only use they show in the add that would make the typical person thing you needed Wi-Fi  was the google maps part.   But because you can pre-cache/download maps onto your Nexus 7 to be used when you don't have Wi-Fi it's actually doable without.  Everything else they show is really stuff you could easily download to your tablet beforehand.  the movie, book, chess game, even the info on the frog and dinosaur...all that stuff doesn't necessarily need Wi-fi if you have the information on your Nexus7 already.   If they had shown them using google or doing a video chat with someone then I'd have called them on it...but they were careful not to show those kinds of 'Wi-Fi' only uses.  Not sure if this is on tv yet or if it's just online.  They'll probably run a shorter 30 second version on tv I should think.

you guys realize they are at the gigantic backyard of the house?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes this is the 'surprise' ending I mention in the article.

Zell

Maybe they have wifi since they are only in their backyard. Just kidding, but the N7 is still cool with or without having WiFi.

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
My N7 is connected to wifi every where i go. I run my business computers and CC processing off my Razr Maxx hotspot, and since I have a monster for a battery and unlimited data I run my hotspot 24/7 and therefore my tablet is connected as well. That is why I am so happy Conord posted the Tablet Talk app for us. With Tablet Talk I get my text to my N7 and can do Voice Call and chat. Pretty slick app.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts