March 28, 2024, 10:48:17 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Can't boot to BootLoader mode  (Read 3595 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Can't boot to BootLoader mode
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »
Can’t get into Bootloader mode..
I have updated to Jelly 4.3, and tried to keep the Root in effect. Don’t know what happened but guess that I didn’t catch the “Temp Unroot” in Voodoo RootKeeper.
Now, all my files are still there and N7 boots up fine. I made sure to update the Toolkit (v.1.7.2) and used the new Build JWR66Y and updated SuperUser.
Have tried to root it again, made all of the backups, etc. with Wugfresh Toolkit.
I get to the point of “Unlock” then nothing happens after checking ADB on laptop. Have tried to let the software do it or boot it manually into Bootloader Mode but nothing works. I just can’t proceed from there.
My beloved Nexus7 shows up in Device Manager with no problems. When I turn it on the Padlock shows open but only very briefly. Have downloaded a Rootchecker and it shows that it’s not rooted. My Titanium Pro will not work either.
My last update while rooted went flawlessly but this time somehow I made a mess of it. I use Win7 on the laptop...
At this point I don’t know what to do.....
Should I.... use Nexus Toolkit v.1.7.2 to “Flash Stock & Unroot” then “Relock OEM Lock”?
Maybe this will return N7 back into factory condition and then I could use the backups?
If anybody has any suggestions, I will appreciate it very, very much!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Can't boot to BootLoader mode
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
Voodoo doesn't work with the new build. You will have to use your toolkit to simply root again. If you have an issue with recovery you might need to reflash custom recovery as well.  As long as you are unlocked you won't lose data.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
Voodoo doesn't work with the new build. You will have to use your toolkit to simply root again. If you have an issue with recovery you might need to reflash custom recovery as well.  As long as you are unlocked you won't lose data.
Hope this helps.

bjs229, is correct, use your toolkit to root and reinstall your custom recovery. Additionally, make sure your toolkit supports your build, or you will not achieve root.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
Thank you both for writing.
I have flashed Custom Recovery ...I think. It was looking for a Zip file which I couldn't find.
  Have uninstalled Voodoo and unchecked MTP just in case. After rooting, should I check MTP again?
I have noticed today that there is yet another update for the Toolkit (v1.7.3) Will start from scratch later when I have more time.
Also, this might be a silly question...but is there a way to sync everything on my N7 to my laptop.  At this point I see most of the files but not all of them when I connect with the USB cable.
Again, I appreciate your answers and this forum very much. Thanks, Ann

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
One more question I meant to ask...
If I make another backup with the toolkit later before rooting, would that add another backup or just change the previous backup?

Also, when there are any OTA updates in the future, would I have to re-root each time?

Again, thanks for all of your help!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »
Laptop backup?I use a Nandroid backup and Titanium for Apps. Reroot? Possibly. I haven't heard of Voodoo catching up yet. I am not sure of what files are missing when you connect USB?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 02:59:17 AM »
I know that Mark Skippen's toolkit allows for a backup by usb to an external source, but I am not sure about Wugfresh's toolkit. Also, Wugfresh did release v1.7.3 yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »
Thank you both again for writing. I updated Wugfresh to 1.7.3  last night and reinstalled the drivers.  This time it worked well.
 Now it's rooted again and working great. Made a backup with Titanium Pro, then transferred it also to my portable HDD just in case.
Now all is well and life is good.
We'll just have to wait and see if it needs rooting again when when the next OTA update comes out.

Most of all, thank you both for your interest and your help! I have learned a lot through this forum and have still a long way to go.
Thanks, Ann

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »
Glad to hear you up and running ..

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters