March 28, 2024, 05:19:01 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Bluetooth Mouse  (Read 3284 times)

Offline rasmith1959

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Bluetooth Mouse
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »
I got my new Nexus 7 as a bonus from my job at the end of August and I'm loving it! Now my Sony Tablet S just sits all alone in a corner unused... Anyway I have a Motorola bluetooth mouse that I used on the Sony tablet with no problems, but unfortunately it doesn't want to pair up on the Nexus 7. The Nexus finds it, but when you try to pair it up with the mouse it hangs. Tried it again a few days ago after the Nexus was upgraded to 4.4 KitKat, still the same problem.

So does anyone use a bluetooth mouse with their Nexus? If so what brand is it, or what would be a good mouse that I could use? Right now I'm using a Microsoft wireless mouse with an OTG cable, it works but then I can't charge the tablet or use a USB flash drive and the mouse at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Mouse
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
Before you spend money for a new mouse, try turning off Bluetooth on all devices that your mouse is paired with.  Then try pairing again with your N7.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »
Before you spend money for a new mouse, try turning off Bluetooth on all devices that your mouse is paired with.  Then try pairing again with your N7.

Until today the only device that the mouse was ever paired to was the Sony tablet, which is turned off and hasn't been used since I got this Nexus tablet. Just for fun, this morning I tried pairing the mouse to my Galaxy Nexus phone running Android 4.2.2 and it worked flawlessly.

Though when I turn on the mouse and press the connect button, then turn on the tablet's Bluetooth and tap search for devices, the tablet will find the mouse and list it.  Then when I tap on the mouse in the device list, it grays out and says pairing...and does nothing else. It will stay that way till the mouse quits pairing mode. Then the only way I can clear it is to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

Offline rasmith1959

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:29:36 PM »
Just to update in case anyone else wants to know, I bought a mouse that works flawlessly with my Nexus tablet. It's a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse that I picked up on eBay for $26.95.

The mouse has a nice feel to it, though the only downside is that the mouse buttons seem to be a little stiff. Though in a way for me this can be a good thing as it would keep me from accidentally clicking them when I grab the mouse. So if you're looking for a mouse for your tablet, I would highly recommend the Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »
Thanks for the information.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman