March 18, 2024, 11:16:59 PM

collapse

Poll

Attn Nexus 7 Owners:  Which Phone Do You Own?

Samsung Galaxy Series (S4, S3, S2, S, Note 1,2,3, etc...)
7 (58.3%)
Motorola Droid Series (Ultra, Maxx, Bionic, RAZR , etc...)
0 (0%)
HTC (One, EVO, etc)
1 (8.3%)
Google Nexus One, S, Galaxy, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
0 (0%)
Motorola Moto X
0 (0%)
Sony Xperia Series (S, X, Z, Z1, etc)
0 (0%)
LG Optimus or G Series
0 (0%)
iPhone
4 (33.3%)
Windows Phone
0 (0%)
Blackberry
0 (0%)
Other - Tell us your phone in the comments!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Attn Nexus 7 Owners: Which Phone Do You Own?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Attn Nexus 7 Owners: Which Phone Do You Own?
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
So the one thing we all have in common at Nexus7Forum.com  is we either own or are fans of the Asus Nexus 7 tablet.  But which phone do you all prefer?  We're assuming the vast majority of Nexus 7 owners are Android phone users, although we know a few are partial to the iPhone or Windows or even Blackberry.  Let us know which phone you current use and perhaps a bit about which phones you've used in the past and what you liked about them.  This should be a really interesting thread.  So let's hear your phone histories!

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

Re: Attn Nexus 7 Owners: Which Phone Do You Own?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
Nexus 5 for the win... :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
Had the Epic first day... Had an IPhone 4s..I have a crappy HTC atm. I plan on the new Samsung Galaxy when it comes out. I am stuck with Verizon so don't have a Nexus option.

Sent from my Nexus 7
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:38:43 PM by bjs229 »

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
Dumped my HTC One X for the Nexus 5. Couldn't be happier with the phone. Outstanding battery life and nice speed of the phone.

Stew

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline limbot

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
After being a Windows Mobile fanatic in the mid 2000s with an 02 Atom and an HP Data Messenger, it was time to buy a new phone.  All the current Windows Mobile phones at the time had HUGE screens so based purely on screen size I ended up with an HTC Desire. I actually new nothing about Android at the time. With it's 3.7" screen it was perfect. I mean the Windows based HTC Desire HD2 had a 4.3". Way too big lol.

After about a week I discovered the joys of Android, rooting, alternate Roms etc . This would have been around 2010. It wasn't till this year I decided it was time to upgrade to a new phone.  I was a toss up between the Nexus 4 and the S3 however because of the lack of micro SD support (especially useful for keeping Nandroids and Titanium Backups when alternate romming ) and the fact there there was heaps of peripheral support I ended up with the S3. The "disadvantage" of a big screen is now a plus as I reach the 50 yo grumpy old man stage and my eye sight deteriorates :)

My HTC Desire still sees use as a media/GPS player and still get's the latest versions of Android stuck on it.  The Australian carrier stop support at Gingerbread and yet mine's had everything thrown on it up to Jelly Bean and once there's a stable Kit Kat rom that'll end up on it as well.

Strangely for my S3, while it's had multiple AOSP roms on it like CM or PA, I find myself going back to Touchwiz based Roms ( currently Android Revolution HD), as unlike many manufacturer skins, Samsung adds useful stuff rather than pure bloatware !

In terms of tablets, it's always been Android, the original Galaxy Tab, the Thinkpad Tablet ( like a few of us here) , a Nexus 2012 and then a Nexus 2013.

I actually refuse to purchase an apple iproduct (mp3, phone, tablet)  as I don't want to be an isheep and appreciate the openess and lack of restrictions of Android devices :)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:56:45 PM by limbot »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts