March 28, 2024, 04:11:58 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Amazon Kindle app not working  (Read 2249 times)

Offline longwed

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Amazon Kindle app not working
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
I downloaded the Amazon Kindle app on my Nexus 7. I have been reading books using that app and yesterday, I got the message that " Unfortunately, Amazon Kindle has stopped".  Help - I have many books on the app and I would really like to be able to access them. 

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Kindle app not working
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:19:46 AM »
I suspect that you have just experienced a "Forced Close", which occasionally happens in Android. First try simply restarting the app and then try restarting your tablet. If those two steps fail, let us know what happens when you realize try to open the Kindle app.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline longwed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
I have tried restarting the app and the tablet but I still get the same message - " Unfortunately, the Amazon Kindle has stopped".  I thought about uninstalling the app and reinstalling but I am afraid that I will lose all my books ( all of which I got for free from EReader and Bookbub).

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
If you are afraid losing your book, you may want to copy them to your PC. After you get your Kindle application working, you can always copy it back
It happened to me a few moths back I deleted my N7 from Amazon and re-registered it

Offline longwed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
Dominick = I am a senior citizen and not too familiar with the computer.  How would I copy my books to my PC and then get them back on my Nexus?

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
Longwed
Assuming that your books are sideloaded to your N7
You connect your N7 to a USB port on your PC using the same USB cable come from N7. After connecting wait for 30-40 seconds then go to your computer , click on Computer and hopefully you will be able to see your N7.
Click on your N7 and look in the folder that you have your book and copy them to a folder on your PC.
If your books are purchased from Amazon then you can not copy. It is on your Amazon account and you can always sync it later, all your Amazon book will be downloaded to your N7
One alternative that I used before is to delete your N7 device from Amazon account and re-register it,

Offline longwed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
Thanks for your help.  I saw my son yesterday and he uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it is working again.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman