March 29, 2024, 04:02:36 AM

collapse

Author Topic: beware - total tablet idiot  (Read 1389 times)

Offline craft dragon

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
beware - total tablet idiot
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
Good Evening all,
Am having Nexus 7 II for xmas - getting it out of the box will be the first challenge as am real techno idiot. Hope to
find experts here to assist.

Have a wish to connect tablet to the TV - need some sort of cable ??? No doubt the first of many many questions. Hope you can bear with me.

cheers sharen

Offline dominic

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: beware - total tablet idiot
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »
As far as I am aware, you can not connect the N7 to the TV since it does not have audio/video output
You can, however buy a Chromecast and use your N7 or PC to control / project it to the TV

Offline StewMc

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:11:20 AM »
Chromecast unit should do ....$35 well spent. It only supports various applications, but the list is growing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:58:45 AM »
For true tablet mirroring to your TV,  with audio and video , you will require an on board HDMI port on your tablet, like the one on the more expensive Nexus 10. As dominic and StewMc have said the Chromecast does offer the ability to view a growing list of Internet content, your Nexus 7, which acts much like a remote controller, allowing you to queue up content. The Chrome browser for the desktop supports the Cast extension, which allows the content of the browser to be sent or cast to a TV with a Chromecast device. So yes I can watch and hear Amazon Prime video content cast from my PC to my TV with the connected Chromecast device. Unfortunately at this time, the mobile version of Chrome on our Nexus 7, doesn't support the cast extension, but rumors exist, that it will in the future. Remember the $35 price tag is due to expected revenue for Google from its use, so look for the tab cast feature on our Nexus 7, once Google figures out the most advantageous venue for them. I cannot say that I blame them, but I would prefer to see tab casting sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline craft dragon

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »

What does a slimport do ? Been told  I need a slimport - then plug in the HDMI TV to the port and can watch downloaded movies (loaded onto the Nexus) - on the big screen - if you are with me
Is this possible ?

cheers

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt