2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Android OS (Jelly Bean)

Tablet won't update....from 4.2.1!!!!

<< < (2/2)

bjs229:
OK. I read it by changing from black to white.  First off, sorry for your problems.  Bringing up that Mac doesn't have problems is a bit extreme and really irrelevant. As far as your ex,  that's a separate issue. Buy an Asus cable and charger. Sounds like you know a little bit about Android by knowing about Framework but that is not the solution. Probably more harm than good. I might have missed it above with the purple text but did you try a factory reset?
Giving up on Android because of an issue like this sounds extreme.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Qdotsmom:
Hey everyone,
Thanks for answering back...Matt I never thought about juice being an issue when trying to update. I guess that falls into the category of finding a proper charger. I have an Asus wall outlet/USB plug but I'm not sure if its the one For my tablet or my ex.'s phone...does it matter? I had to buy an aftermarket USB cable and that's where my problem is.....has anyone tried the dock? does it plug directly into the wall? I've read about the micro usb port eventually coming loose over time....maybe the dock would be a better solution...I'll try the volume button trick once I get a full charge.
So my next question is, how do I get the latest OS? Thanks for the help!!

S.Prime:
Once you are fully charged and have a functional USB cable, here is your guide to installing the OTA.

http://nexus7forum.com/nexus-7-android-os-(jelly-bean)/guide-to-installing-ota-4-2-2-with-root-and-without-root/msg15814/#msg15814

matt:
The dock uses the same charger and USB cord, not included. The USB port on the n7 is pretty rugged compared to other tabs. The charger should work if it is the USB type, fastest charge with a 2 amp output, should be marked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version