March 29, 2024, 09:16:51 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Found another neat feature today - Chrome to Mobile  (Read 2369 times)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Found another neat feature today - Chrome to Mobile
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »
I use Chrome most of the time on my desktop, and given I drink the Google koolaid I keep them all signed into Google services so I can share bookmarks and other content between each instance.  Well I just found a bridge that was introduced in ICS that's pretty neat - Chrome to Mobile.

Basically you add the Chrome to Mobile extension to Chrome on your Desktop, and then verify Chrome to Mobile is enabled on your Nexus 7 (Chrome > Settings > tap Email Address > Chrome to Mobile checked).  And when this is all done when viewing a website on the desktop you can click the phone icon in the Address Bar and the current website will load on your Nexus 7.

I don't always have both devices sitting next to me, but there are times when I could see this being beneficial if I'm say pulling up a recipe or some other instructions for whatever and want to forward it to my Nexus 7 to carry across the house. 

Also I tried to get screenshots of this, but whenever I brought-up the Chrome to Mobile bubble from Chrome it disappeared as soon as I pressed Printscreen... so here's the screenshot from Google:

Also I've tested it and it works rather well, though I think the plugin may still be considered Beta so your mileage may vary. 

Offline garryknight

• Popularity: 0
  • Waiting for my 16GB Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Found another neat feature today - Chrome to Mobile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
You might like to check out the Phone 2 Google Chrome app for sharing links the other way. Should work with any browser from the Share menu item.
Garry Knight

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »
How do you get the Chrome to Mobile extension to have 2 phones/tablets though ??

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »
If you run ICE CREAM SANDWICH on your Android device, then you need the new beta version of CHROME TO MOBILE.

Can be found here:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:04:17 AM by CBers »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt