March 29, 2024, 09:50:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Convert .rtf files to .txt files?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Convert .rtf files to .txt files?
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »
Hi, I recently had to reset my N7 to factory condition after a messed up update to KOT49H. All is well now and it's rooted again.

I have a lot of files that I have saved on my laptop (Win7). Have tried to transfer them back into my Nexus but they have they seem to have the  .rtf extension.
I have Kingsoft Office installed on my Nexus and also on my laptop hoping to be able to transfer those files but I'm using Open Office on my laptop as default.
Have tried to download a File Converter but it seems that it gives me unwanted  toolbar, etc. without getting to the transfer the text files.

Is there a way to convert those .rtf files to .txt files without downloading a file converter? Does anybody have any other suggestion?
Thanks in advance, Ann

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Convert .rtf files to .txt files?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
If you don't have a lot of files, the easiest way is probably to open the file in Open Office.  Then select save as and save the file in whichever format you want.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply, tiny.
When I open the files and  “save as” and switch to either .txt or .doc , then try to import into my N7, I get the message “sorry, cannot copy”.
I have imported the files into N7 when it's connected via USB. The files then have the .odt extension which is Open Office. 
They open and are readable in the N7content when hooked up with USB.
When I try to open the same files on my Nexus, I get the message “no application available”.
I don't know how else to handle it....If you have any other suggestions, I will appreciate it very much.
Thannks, Ann

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »
I finally got a chance to tell you about my update....
I downloaded "Dropbox" to laptop and Nexus, put all documents in it and downloaded a Document Reader (.odt)  to my Nexus.  Now the files are readable on both N7 and laptop.
Anyway, thanks for your help previously. Ann

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts