March 28, 2024, 10:32:38 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Help! Device Not Recognized in Play or Android Device Manager  (Read 1438 times)

Offline KCHusker

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
1st Gen, Nexus 7, Ver 4.4.2, WiFi only, Not Rooted completely stock.
3 Days ago I received this new device, registered it with gmail account used with my phone and started downloading apps through the Google Play app.  A few days later I accessed Google Play from my PC, found an app I wanted to install but found that my new Nexus 7 wasn't in the drop-down list of available devices to push the app to.  From the Play website, I clicked the Settings sprocket to view the devices connected to my Gmail and my Nexus was not on the list.  I then went to Android Device Manager website to see if my Nexus 7 showed up under my list of devices there and once it again it did not.  I've removed my Google account from the device and added it back in multiple times and still it never appears in Google Play or my Android Device Manager pages.  I spoke with someone at Google's level 1 support and they were going to escalate my issue to a higher level but I've yet to be contacted back from them.  So, I asking for any help on this forum to see if anyone has experienced the same and found a solution?

JayJ

Re: Help! Device Not Recognized in Play or Android Device Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:18:33 AM »
Try this fix for ADM and see if it fixes both your issues...

1. Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
2. Touch Android Device Manager. Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
3. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All < Google Play services. Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
5. Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
6. Restart your device. Allow around 5 minutes and refresh Android Device Manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:20:40 AM by JayJ »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt